Christmas Recipes : Christmas Gingerbread
MAKE GINGERBREAD AND A REFRESHING FESTIVE DRINK WITH OUR CHRISTMAS RECIPES
Yummy Christmas Gingerbread and a refreshing non-alcoholic drink to enjoy this festive season.
150g Low-gluten flour
30g Equal Sugar Blend
1g Baking Powder
80g unsalted butter
4g Ginger powder
2g Ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 170 °C.
2. Place the butter in a large bowl and allow it to soften at room temperature.
3. When softened, beat the butter until it is thick and creamy.
4. Add Equal Sugar Blend and salt.
5. Crack the egg into a separate bowl. Whisk the egg yolk and the egg white until pale and well combined. Pour half of this into the butter mixture.
6. Add flour, baking powder, ginger powder and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
7. Place the dough over a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is about 1⁄4 inch thick.
8. Cut out cookies with gingerbread man cutter.
9. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the cookies on the tray, leaving a small space between each one.
10. Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
CHRISTMAS SLEIGH DRIVER
1 cup Water
12 sachets Equal Gold
1 – 2-inch piece of Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
3 Pears, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 quarts apple cider
1 Lemon, halved and sliced
1 tablespoon Ground allspice
1 cup Fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons Vanilla extract
1. Combine water, Equal Gold, ginger and 1 pear in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Using a sieve, strain out the solids and return the mixture to the pan.
4. Add the remaining pears, cider, lemon and allspice to the pan over a medium-high heat. Stir often, for around 15 minutes.
5. Add cranberries and vanilla and reduce the heat to medium-low (the liquid should be simmering, not boiling).
6. Let the liquid simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Use a ladle to serve individual portions into in heat proof mugs.
Equal Gold is a zero calorie sweetener with a crunchy granular texture that delivers in terms of flavour, giving a sugar-like sweetness and consistency. The product is made from sucralose, a high quality sweetener that is derived from sugar. Packaged into stick sachets for added convenience, each sachet is equivalent to 2 teaspoons of sugar.
Equal Gold is an ideal product for those who are weight and health conscious seeking to control their calorie intake and is also suitable for diabetics as it does not raise blood glucose or insulin levels.
Equal Gold will be available in Singapore at the end of 2015, each box contains 50 stick sachets and is priced at $5.95
Equal Sugar Blend is a fine granulated sweetener and is designed to be used primarily for baking.
Equal Sugar Blend is current available at major supermarket retailer at a price of $2.90 per 400g