Christmas Recipes : Christmas Tree Cupcakes
200ml – Whipping cream
20g – Equal Sugar Blend
Green food coloring
65g – Dark Chocolate
50g – Butter
65ml – Whipping cream
40g – Cocoa powder
20g – Low-gluten flour
Three egg yolks
Two egg whites
10g + 30g Equal Sugar Blend
- PART 1: CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- On low heat, combine the whipping cream and butter in a small saucepan and whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a low boil. Reduce the heat and continue whisking until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove saucepan from the heat.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat proof bowl. Pour in the boiled whipping cream and butter. Stir the mixture until combined. Sift the cocoa powder into the bowl.
- Add 10g of Equal Sugar Blend to the egg yolks and whip until pale.
- Sift the flour into the cupcake batter and add the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until they are light and fluffy whilst slowly adding 30g of Equal Sugar Blend.
- Slowly add the egg whites to the cupcake batter, mixing the batter gently.
- Divide the batter into the paper cases.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Place the tin aside to cool.
- PART 2: ICING
- Add 20g of Equal Sugar Blend to whipping cream. Beat until the mixture is creamy and fluffy.
- Add green food coloring.
- Put in to decorating bag.
- PART 3: GET DECORATING
- Place one strawberry on top of each cupcake.
- Using the decorating bag, gently squeeze out the frosting to decorate the cupcake.
Equal Sugar Blend is currently available in major supermarket retailers – Cold Storage, Giant, NTUC FairPrice and Sheng Siong – priced at $2.90 per 400g