Status Hold for Qantas Frequent Flyers
Maintaining the frequent flyer status
Qantas has launched a new initiative to help its Singaporean Frequent Flyers keep the benefits of their membership status while on parental leave. Great when you are taking a a break from travelling to have a baby or taking leave from employment due to family commitments, and yet still maintain your Frequent Flyer status. This means Frequent Flyers who have their Silver, Gold and Platinum statuses will not see a drop in their Frequent Flyer tier when they take time off to raise a baby and travel less often as they would like to.
This Frequent Flyers Status Hold initiative allows eligible male and female to maintain their status for up to 12 months, even when they are not accumulating the miles to retain their tier. These members will also continue to enjoy their existing status benefits, which include lounge access, bonus points offers and preferred seating options.
In addition to the launch of the Status Hold initiative for Singaporean parents, Qantas Frequent Flyer has increased its Family Transfer points limit and removed the restriction on the number of transfers which includes transfers to a foster or adopted child. Members can now make an unlimited number of transfers* to eligible family members up to 600,000 Qantas Points each year, compared to 400,000 previously.
Status Hold criteria
Status Hold is available to eligible Silver, Gold and Platinum Frequent Flyers residing in Singapore who are taking at least 4 consecutive months off paid employment for family commitments. Both parents can apply and may be eligible if they are:
- A parent of a baby or babies that are due to be born within the next 3 months or were born in the last 6 months
- A foster parent who will be caring for a child within the next 3 months or who has started caring for a child within the last 6 months
- A parent who will be adopting a child within the next 3 months or who has adopted a child within the last 6 months.
More family-friendly support:
- Family Zones in Lounges
- ‘The Joey Club’ – Qantas’ Frequent Flyer program for kids aged up to 10 years old
- Kids Inflight Entertainment – over 10 kids friendly movies, a Kids TV channel, Kids Zone with parental lock
- Joey Playbox Kids iPad App, download for free from App Store
- Priority family boarding (staff will be on hand at the boarding gate ready to collect the stroller and to further assist with pre-boarding the aircraft)
- Additional Baggage Allowance (include a collapsible stroller or push-chair, collapsible cot or bassinet, and car seat or baby capsule)
- Kids pack and meals inflight
- Infant meals (up to 2 years) – provided with a limited range of top brand baby food, milk, baby bottles, cereals and rusks
- Advanced seat selection
- Family Travel information on qantas.com.
*A minimum transfer rule of 5,000 Qantas Points still applies.