Superlife Co Overnight Oats Recipe
SUPERFOODS BREAKFAST : OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
Quinoa, chia seeds and Maca powder. If you asked me three years ago whether I had heard of any of these superfoods or added them in my food, I’d have broken out in laughter.
But three years on, after one of my daughters has been diagnosed with multiple food allergies and a personal health scare of my own, I’m ALL about the super foods. Which is why Super Life Co is an interesting health food company to check out!
The local firm is helmed by three women: Valerie Chai, 29, Feline Gondokusumo, 24 and Irene Lim, 39, each who turned to a superfood for various health reasons spurring them on to create an easier way to bring these superfoods in and guarantee their purity – from seedling to table. Super Life Co has a tight repertoire of these super foods on their website, namely: chia seeds, quinoa, maca powder, goji berries, acai berries, cacao powder and cold-pressed organic coconut oil.
With its dedication to purity and maintaining its promise to bring the best to your table, Superlife Co even runs its own farm in the Andes Mountain, where it has dispatched a local Singaporean team, managing the 3 farms producing chia seeds, quinoa and maca. Also, the company only brings in quality or organically grown superfoods from the United States or Australia. This maintains each product’s integrity from farm to table.
Delivery in Singapore is free and between 1 to 3 days and if you are ordering from out of Singapore, just email Superlife Co to find out more about shipping.
If you need a head start on superfoods, here’s an easy recipe to make overnight oats, using chia seeds.
RECIPE : EASY OVERNIGHT OATS WITH CHIA SEEDS
Makes 1 serving
WHAT YOU NEED:-
- Mason Jar or Quattro Stagioni Jars 8 oz / 250 ml (available at Fairprice Finest)
- 4 – 5 tablespoons of raw Organic Rolled Oats, less if you like your oats less chunky
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds (White and/ or Black), soaked in boiled water and strained.
- 170g of Strained Greek Yogurt, half of 340g Chobani 0.5% yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup or Honey (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Organic Milk (Rice/ Almond/ Oat/ Soy) to fill
- Layer oats at the base, soaked chia seeds, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Cover the jar and shake well.
- Leave in refrigerator for about 8 hours and it’s ready to eat!
Top with fresh fruit and baked almonds for an amazing breakfast. I like to use raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Alternatively, sliced bananas, blueberries and baked almonds are a great combination too. Each serving is packed with great fibre, enough carbohydrates for day-time and super nutrients and antioxidants.