Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit Boost Vitamin C Intake
Boost Your Child’s Vitamin C Intake
We can never have enough Vitamin C for our Bubbas don’t we? More than just an immune-system booster, vitamin C prevents our little ones from falling prey to infections and keeps their teeth and gums healthy strong and healthy. As Bubbas are undergoing rapid growth during this precious infantile period, Vitamin C is particularly beneficial for them as our little ones require large amounts of iron.
THE RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE OF VITAMIN C IS 35MG/DAY
For active Bubbas, Vitamin C build up their blood vessels to reduce bruising from scrapes and helps to heal their wounds by accelerating the rate of iron absorption from a wide range of foods in their diet! The recommended daily intake (RDI) of vitamin C for Bubbas aged 1 – 8 years old is 35mg/day. Unfortunately, Vitamin C is a water soluble nutrient – it cannot be stored in their bodies and have to be replenished regularly! Nevertheless, there is little worry when it comes to vitamin C because we can find them in many kinds of foods, especially in fruits and vegetables of bright colours!
The tricky part for mummies comes when our Bubbas are picky eaters who simply refuse to eat fruits or vegetables! But just before you are close to tearing your head out from exasperation, we have good news for you! Zespri has created a range of some unique recipes that consist of a rich amount of vitamin C, to keep your little ones feasting on healthy, delicious treats! We are happy to share some of these creative recipes with you!
Zespri Kiwifruit Choc O’ Gold Muffins
Serves 10 pax | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 75g (3 oz) butter or margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- Place the chocolate chips, sugar and sifted flour into a bowl.
- Melt the butter or margarine and combine with the egg and milk.
- Peel the Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit.
- Cut in 1 cm (1/2 in.) dice. Reserve a little fruit for the top of the muffins.
- Add the liquid ingredients and diced fruit to the dry ingredients and combine quickly, until just moistened
- Spoon into the muffin cups and dot with the reserved fruit.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Zespri Kiwi Ice Lollies
Serves 10 pax | Required time: 20 minutes + a few hours
- 1 litre exotic fruit juice as desired
- 2 tbsps icing sugar
- 3 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced
- Ice lolly moulds
- Mix the fruit juice with the icing sugar.
- Store in fridge.
- Divide the kiwi between the ice lolly moulds
- Top up with fruit juice.
- Put the ice lollies in the freezer for several hours.
Tip: try with a variety of fruit juices
Zespri Kids Kiwi Fruitcone
Serves 4 pax | Preparation time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup white chocolate morsels
- 6 ice cream cones, cake style
- 3 Zespri Green Kiwifruit, peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup strawberries, finely diced
- ½ cup bananas, sliced and diced
- Microwave chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl for one minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip rim of each ice cream cone into melted chocolate. Spread interior of ice cream cones with remaining melted chocolate. Set in cool area for at 10 minutes, until firm.
- Mix Zespri Green Kiwifruit, strawberries and bananas in medium bowl. Mound fruit mixture into ice cream cones. Serve immediately
Note: ice cream cones may be made in advance
Zespri Green Kiwifruit and Apple
Serves 4 pax | Required time: 15 minutes
- 8 Zespri Green Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- 300ml milk
- 100ml ice cubes
- 50m honey
- Finely chopped lemon balm
- Liquidise everything except the lemon balm in a blender.
- Divide between four glasses and garnish with lemon balm.
With these delicious snacks recipes that are incredibly easy to prepare, our Bubbas would be able to stay in the pink of health! We are excited to say that these recipes are just a fraction of the iceberg of recipes that Zespri has came up with! For more tasty recipes, visit zespri.com!