PASSION WAVE AT MARINA BAY SET TO BE A NEW VENUE FOR FAMILY FUN
Today, more than 2,000 residents gathered along the Marina Bay waterfront to witness the launch of People’s Association’s (PA) first ‘specialised community club’ (CC) – PAssion WaVe @ Marina Bay. The event marks a new milestone for the PA Water Venture, which enters its 5th decade this year. The purposefully designed specialist CC, the 8th Water Venture facility, is tailored to meet residents’ growing interests and aspirations.
With the launch of PAssion WaVe @ Marina Bay, all Singaporeans will be able to enjoy exciting water, land, lifestyle and cause-based programmes all at one place. Today’s launch of PAssion WaVe @ Marina Bay was graced by Mr Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister.
PAssion WaVe at Marina Bay will host a wide variety of water and land sports, and lifestyle activities for residents to experience with their loved ones. Aiming to bring families together for important bonding fun, there are activities such as Peddle Boating which will encourage inter-generational experiences as well as a new sport, bell boating. Both Bell Boating and Pedle Boating are suitable for the young, families and seniors. With (virtually) no risk involved, Bell Boating is the perfect activity for individuals who are new to water sports. While Pedle Boating is suitable for 8 years and up, the fully adjustable seating means a child along with a grandparent can pedle and have fun enjoying the iconic landmarks viewed in the Marina Bay area.
During the recent media launch event, BubbaMama enjoyed Pedal Boating. Our Bubbas took to the pedals and we had had lots of fun on the water enjoying the sites.
The fully inclusive Community Club, PAssion WaVe at Marina Bay offers very affordable courses and activities. With the Pedal Boating family package at a price of $10 (for up to 4 persons) families are sure to enjoy a full hour of fun on the water. The young at heart can also benefit the affordable prices at PAssion WaVe at Marina Bay, with prices of just $2 each for seniors aged 55 years and above.
Other water based courses include;
- Kayaking Orientation 1 day Programme with prices starting at just $20 for students and seniors ($25 for adults)
- Dragon Boating 3 hour Orientation Programme from $12 for students and seniors ($15 for adults)
- Bell Boat 3 hour Orientation Programme from $5 for seniors and $12 for students ($15 for adults)
- Those already familiar with kayaking can enjoy rental from just $7 (all WaterVenture member students or $15 non-members)
But, its not only water sports at PAssion WaVe at Marina Bay. There are many ‘land-based’ activities such as;
- Aikido Appreciation Workshop priced from $35 for WV members
- Upcycle your Denim Workshop priced from $18 for WV members
- Basic Inline-Skating (age 5 and above) priced from $80 for WV members (4 sessions)
- Zumba Fitness priced from $100 for WV members (8 session)
For more information regarding course registration and more PAssion WaVe updates, please click HERE
pic 1 – Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean launching PAssion WaVe @ Marina Bay (Image Credits : PA WaterVenture)
pic 2 – Deputy Prime Minister Teo joining residents in bell boating – a new sported offered at PAssion WaVe @ Marina Bay (Image Credits : PA WaterVenture)
pic 3 – BubbaMama enjoying Pedal Boating at PAssion WaVe @ Marina Bay