HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE DOODLE 4 GOOGLE SG50 COMPETITION
This year, in celebration of Singapore’s 50th Birthday, Google are asking our children to Doodle 4 Google. The theme for the Doodle 4 Google competition is “Singapore: The Next 50 Years” and is calling for students all over Singapore to imagine Singapore’s future and show how they think they can contribute to the nation’s growth.
Google Doodles are meant to surprise and delight people when they visit Google homepage, and who better to surprise and delight than our talented and creative young artists! Drawing on the fact that Google would not exist today if it weren’t for ingenuity, passion and imagination, Doodle 4 Google is a way of celebrating and promoting the younger Google users.
HOW TO JOIN THE DOODLE 4 GOOGLE SG50 COMPETITION
- Complete the official entry form which can be downloaded from Doodle 4 Google HERE.
- Create your doodle based on the theme (Singapore: The Next 50 Years).
- Submit entries on the website OR through postal mail to:-
- Google Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- (℅ Doodle 4 Google)
- 8 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 1,
- #30-00, Singaore 018960
Doodle 4 Google is open to all students from ages 4 to 18 years old who are enrolled in a school in Singapore at time of submission. Entries for the competition are classified into five groups:-
- 4-6 years
- 7-9 years
- 10-12 years
- 13-15 years
- 16-18 years
Entries may be submitted from April 23 to June 8 2015. Entries submitted through postal mail should have a postmark no later than June 8 2015. Public voting will open on June 23 (12:00am SGT) and close on July 3 (11:59pm SGT).
DOODLE 4 GOOGLE PRIZES
The overall winning doodle will feature on Google Singapore’s homepage for 24 hours on National Day (August 9, 2015) in celebration of Singapore’s 50th Birthday (SG50).
- The Grand prize winner also gets an all expenses paid trip to the Googolplex (with 2 guardians: 1 parent and 1 teacher), a Doodle 4 Google trophy, a Google device, a DBS prize, a certificate and a goodie bag.
- Category winners get a Google device, a certificate and a goodie bag.
- Category finalists get a certificate and a goodie bag.
Doodles will be judged based on the following three categories:-
- Artistic Merit : The quality and skill demonstrated in the doodle. Age is considered when evaluating the category.
- Creativity : How well the student incorporated the Google logo into his or her illustration. (Logo must be readable). Unique and creative uses of the letters, background, foreground, etc are all taking into account when judging.
- Theme Communication : How clearly the competition theme is expressed in both the artwork and the written statement.
- Doodles containing copyright images or logos will be automatically disqualified.
- Only one application per student.