DINOSAURS DAWN TO EXTINCTION
Most of us know something about dinosaurs thanks to their looming largely in popular culture. Our bubbas would also know about dinosaurs too, only the adorable one, Barney and not the ancient ones.
Paleontologists have been exploring and excavating archaeological sites for many years in a bid to learn about the era where dinosaurs walked the earth all the way until their extinction. ArtScience Museum collaborated with American Musuem of Natural History, PrimeSCI, San Juan National Science Museum to bring us four exhibitions presenting an eye opening experience for both children and adults. The exhibition Dinosaurs Dawn to Extinction 25th January 2014 to 27th July 2014, creatively combining art and science and presenting it an engaging manner in the programming for deeper understanding of how living things on earth evolved and adapted to environmental conditions.
ArtScience Museum has crafted a unique visually stimulating exhibition which from with various activities to cater to different audiences and learning styles. The activities merges the exhibition displays with engrossing programmes, interactive workshops and special guided tours to present deeper knowledge of dinosaurs and their ancestors.
- “Shadown Puppets Alive!’- allow visitors (mainly children) to create their own Bullockornis or Megalania shadow puppet to bring home.
- ‘A Day in the life of a Paleontologist’- help one understand the work of a paleontologis with hands-on demonstration.
- ‘Stop Motion Dinosaur Wipe-out!’- film and dinosaur enthusiats can create their own animation based on one of the main theories of mass dinosaur extinction.
- ‘Dinosaur Tale’– presented by Paper Monkey Theatre, a local puppet theatre company, using puppets to take visitors back 600 million years ago to show how animal life adpated.
- ‘Sketch-a-fossil’- drawing workshop conducted by Isabelle Desjeux, a scientist turned artist, who will be teaching visitors draw the fossils in detail.
- ‘Sculpture Fun’- visitors can carve their own ‘fossil’ out of a soap to bring home.
- ‘Make Your Own Paper Dinosaur’– visitors can try their hand at making a paper dinosaur out of the Canon Dinosaur templates printed by Canon.
Address: ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
Ticket prices($2 discount off each ticket for online purchases):
Singapore Citizens- Senior (65 years above) $ 18, Adult $20, Children (2 - 12 years) $13, Family package (2 adults + 2 children) $64 Tourists- Senior (65 years above) $ 21, Adult $24, Children (2 - 12 years) $14, Family package (2 adults + 2 children) $74
For more details, visit marinabaysands.com/ArtScienceMuseum
- South East Asia’s Biggest Dinosaurs Exhibition Now At Art Science Museum (superadrianme.com)