PHILIPS PARTNERS WITH EXPERTS TO HELP US CHOOSE THE RIGHT AIR PURIFIER AND ENSURE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAS PROTECTION FROM HARMFUL AIR POLLUTANTS
Choosing the right Air Purifier for you and your family can be a difficult decision. The market is rife with different types of air purifiers all spouting different technologies. To complicate matters further, there is no industry standard of measurement on the efficacy of the different air purifiers.
Aside from the product features and benefits, there are many key factors that affect your purchase decision, such as the type of filters and ease of use, cost of product, cost of replacement filters and electricity.
As Philips partner with industry experts (Asthma & Allergy Association, Indoor Air Quality Society of Singapore and Temasek Polytechnic) to give us the facts in making your decision more simplified, we have a checklist of the top 4 recommended features that you should look out for when shopping for your air purifier:-
- Air purifiers with a HEPA filter – these will filter even the smallest harmful particles in the air,
- Air purifiers with an activated carbon filter – this filter removes gases such as benzene and other VOCs,
- Air purifiers that have natural filtration and are 100% Ozone Free – these do not use harsh chemicals or emit ozone which are harmful to health and the environment,
- Effective coverage area – size matters in order to efficiently clean the total area of a specific room.
What the experts say:-
Dr. Ang Keng Been, President of Indoor Air Quality Society Singapore states that
“Consumers need to be aware of the products with ionizing features, as these may release potentially harmful ozone in the indoor environment. They shoud also invest in an air purifier that has a HEPA and activated carbon filter.”
Dr. Liew, Paediatrician, Allergy and Immunology, SBCC Baby & Child Clinic at Gleneagles Hospital and President of the Asthma & Allergy Association advises
“Avoid cigarette smoking indoors, ensure good ventilation in your home and ensure your air-conditioning and air purifier filters are clean and well-maintained”.
Mr. Cheng Ming Chin, Section Head, Green Building and Sustainability at Temasek Polytechnic explains the tests being carried out to measure how effective Philips air purifiers are
“With the school and home placement tests, we are trying to see if we can measure how effective Philips air purifiers are, in a way that takes into account real indoor and home scenarios and circumstances. Hopefully this could set a benchmark on measuring all other kinds of air purifiers”.
Philips Air Purifiers:-
- Are Certified by ECARF are 100% ozone-free and come built with a unique VitaShield Technology.
- Have a multi-stage active filtration system to trap up to 99.7% of airborne particles. With pre-filter that acts on large heavy particles like dust mites and dust, the HEPA filter tackles mold, dust mite spores and pollen and the Active Carbon filter is designed for hazardous gases such as formaldehyde and VOCs.
- Have a Smart Sensor light indicators that measure and show the air quality in your room,
- Feature the HealthyAir Protect and HealthyAir Lock, which warn and then shut down when the filter requires replacement.
DETAILS: For larger rooms of 55 m2 the Philips Air Purifier AC4014 is priced at S$519. For rooms of 30 m2 the Philips Air Purifier AC4012 is priced at S$399. Philips Air Purifiers are found at all good electrical stores island-wide. For more information, please visit philips.com.sg/air