WOMEN TWICE MORE LIKELY TO SUFFER SYMPTOMS OF IBS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder of the large intestine that affects more women than men. Many women find that signs and symptoms, which include abdominal pain or cramping, feeling bloated, gas, diarrhoea and constipation, are worse during or around their menstrual period. Researchers believe that hormonal changes play a role in this condition.
Physician Chin Chew Seng, from Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic, offers some tips on preventing IBS.
- Control anxiety and stress levels
- Avoid staying up late and prolonged fatigue
- Eat regularly
- Reduce your intake of stomach irritants such as cold, uncooked and oily food
- Avoid self-medication, always heed professional medical advice
- If your IBS symptoms worsen, then do seek immediate medical attention.
As a physician, Seng is used to treating patients with IBS. He says, ‘In Traditional Chinese Medicine, IBS is closely related to the liver and spleen as the liver maintains the smooth flow of Qi, while the spleen governs digestion. Prescribed herbal medication can help to improve the functionality of the liver and spleen, maintaining good flow of Qi. Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinics provide Traditional Chinese Medicine services, including prescribed herbal medication, acupuncture and cupping to help treat the individual holistically.’
For more information on IBS and the treatments available please visit www.euyansangclinic.com
Thank you to our expert, Physician Chin Chew Seng of Eu Yan Sang Cinic
- Latest Child-Friendly TCM Clinic by Eu Yan Sang (bubbamama.com)
- Multiple Slimming Treatment – Slimming Down and Feeling Great (bubbamama.com)
Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is
an extremely smartly written article. I will make sure
to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of
your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.