CRISPY CHOCO CHIPS COOKIES RECIPE
These Crispy Choco Chips Cookies are simply delicious. We think they will make a perfect snack with warm (or cold) milk for Bubba morning, noon or night and Mama shouldn’t miss out, these are tasty cookies for sharing, while chatting, with our Mama friends over tea (or coffee). Also, why not bake these cookies, package them neatly and take over to our friends or neighbours just to say ‘hi”!
Recipe and images by ‘At Home with Cooking Mamamay”
CRISPY CHOCO CHIPS COOKIES
(Makes about 12 cookies)
• 300g self raising flour (sifted)
• 250g unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 70g brown sugar
• 50g caster sugar
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp coffee oil or coffee essence
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 25g corn flakes (crushed)
• 250g almond powder
• 220g semi-sweet choco chips
1. Preheat oven to 160c.
2. Line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
3. In a bowl, crack an egg, add ½ tsp coffee oil and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Gently mix them together and place aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, salt, sugar and whisk until light and fluffy (use a balloon whisk).
5. Add the egg mixture into the mixer and whisk for 2 seconds.
6. Add the choco chips and mix well with a spatula.
7. Add self-raising flour, almond powder, corn flakes and fold gently into the mixture with a spatula.
8. Use 2 teaspoons to scoop and roughly fold the cookie dough into small round balls, place onto the baking try.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Allow the cookies to cool slightly and then transfer them to a wire rack to fully cool.
Do watch out for more recipe ideas and step-by-step images coming from MamaMay soon.
Photo credit to – At home with Cooking MamaMay
Recipe details by – At home with Cooking MamaMay