Makeover for the Dull Hair
I have been wearing this jet black hair for the last 10 years and I thought it was time for a change but I was in two minds to colour my hair and cut a bob or do some curls. When I walked into Black Hair Salon that day, I ditched the idea of ceramic curls and decided to colour my hair ombre when I saw the pictures of their customers.
The colour technician at Black Hair Salon Frankie was excited to colour my hair because my ‘virgin’ hair is long allowing him to do more colours in the ombre. “I am a mother! So nothing to loud or young punk please!” was my response to him. With my conservative mummy persona in mind, Frankie bleached my hair preparing the under layers of my hair for the ombre colours and the crown for reddish brown.
The whole process of bleaching, washing, colouring and treatment for my hair took 5 hours. I must confess I wouldn’t be able to sit still for 5 hours had it not for Black Hair Salon’s wifi and my laptop. One would think walking into Black Hair Salon, one would walk out with darker hair, but I left feeling like a new woman with beautiful ombre coloured hair!
Although the ombre colours took Black Hair Salon 5 hours, I was told by many friends it is considered really fast and the ombre colour was beautiful and was done to perfection! The ombre colours is expected to last for 2 months but my ombre hair lasted beyond the time frame – it is been 3 months after my ombre colour treatment and I still have people telling me my hair is gorgeous! When I was having my hair coloured, everyone around me was there for the same thing, colour their hair, so it must mean they are very good and renowned for this service! I would definitely recommend Black Hair Salon to anyone who want their hair coloured because the hair products they use (brands like Goldwell and Pravana) are good and helps maintain long lasting colours and shine.
- Basic hair cut: $30 for men | $35 for ladies
- One tone colour: $68 for short hair to $168 for very long hair
- Creative colours: $188 onwards (includes bleaching)
- Korean perm: from $128 to $288
- Rebonding: from $158 to $258
- Steam bond: from $208 to $298
- Black Hair Salon signature hair treatment, Kerasilk Keratin Treatment: from $228 for short hair to $368 for long hair (dramatically control hair texture without appearing flat)
- Scalp care treatment: from $120 to $188 (to address scalp concerns like dandruff etc)
- Olaplex pre treatment $40, Olaplex full treatment, $100 (Suitable before bleaching hair/ for bleached hair)
- Korean 4 step treatment $190 for all hair lengths
Address: The Bencoolen 180, Bencoolen Street, #01-28, Singapore 189646.
Opening hours: 11:00am to 8:30pm, Monday to Friday | 11:00am to 8:00pm, Saturday | 11:00am to 7:00pm, Sunday and Public Holiday.
To make an appointment, please call +65 6835 9976 | +65 6242 3945.
*Sponsored: Ombre hair colour treatment is $348*