SO MANY CHOICES FOR FESTIVE DINING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON : HERE’S OUR PICK
Step out of the kitchen and enjoy festive dining as some of our favourite hotels and restaurants serve up their delicious seasonal menus this holiday season. Whether you prefer Asian favourites or Western delights, there is most definitely something for all tastes here this festive season;
YULETIDE CHEER – The Carvery at Park Hotel Alexandra
On rotation in December, a stunning line-up of festive meats and dishes will be served up at The Carvery. Taste the likes of Coffee Roasted baby back ribs, Lamb Leg with Herbs de Provence, Roast Turkey, Buttered Brussel sprouts and carrots, Cider baked beetroots, Wood-fired roasted chestnuts, Apple and brandied prune trifle, Christmas rum pudding with toffee sauce.
- Festive lunch prices from $45++ (11 – 30 December weekday)
- Christmas Eve Dinner from $88++ (inclusive of a glass of champagne) to $138++ (free flow wine, beer and champagne),
- Christmas Day Brunch and Dinner from $78 to $128 and $42 for children.
New Year’s Eve celebrations are also on the cards at Park Hotel Alexandra,
- Dinner package inclusive of free flow wine, beer and champagne is priced at $168++ and we can enjoy The Carvery dinner followed by live band and Countdown to 2016 at the outdoor poolside bar.
Celebrate the start of 2016 with a New Year’s Day celebration dinner
- Brunch or Dinner. $128++ (free flow wine, beer and champagne) and $42++ for children.
TRADITIONAL FAVOURITES AND CONTEMPORARY DELIGHTS – Mandarin Oriental
With ideas of celebration choices and timings, Mandarin Oriental – Singapore, is definitely one of our favourites.
- Christmas Eve choices;
- Afternoon Tea at Axis Bar and Lounge ($80 for 2 pax),
- Christmas Eve Set Dinner at either; Cherry Garden (6 course set menu at $138 pp),
- Christmas Eve Set Dinner Dolce Vita (price starting from $138),
- Christmas Eve Brunch Buffet at MELT-The World Café ($88 food only) or
- Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet with BBQ (from $158 food only to $198 with free flow champagne, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks and juices).
If you prefer to stay at home on Christmas Eve and watch back-to-back festive movies with Bubba then Christmas Day delights await at Mandarin Oriental too;
- Santa Claus is due to stop by and make an appearance at all restaurants in Christmas Day too.
- Christmas Day choices;
- Afternoon Tea at Axis Bar and Lounge ($80 for 2 pax),
- Dim Sum Brunch Buffet at Cherry Garden ($72 per person food only),
- Champagne Brunch Buffet at Dolce Vita ($228 per person including free flow of champagne, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks and juices),
- Set Dinner at Dolce Vita (from $108 wine pairing 4 course set menu)
- Christmas Day at MELT- The World Café
- Christmas Day Brunch Buffet 12pm to 3pm ($248 per person including free flow champagne, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks and juices)
- Christmas Day Dinner Buffet with BBQ 6.30pm to 9.30pm ($128 food only or $178 free flow champagne, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks and juices).
- Also at MELT-The World Café on Christmas Day there will be Christmas carols, Santa Claus appearance and the play room will be open too.
For more information on pricing, timings and to make your booking, do email [email protected] or call 6885 3500.
Mandarin Oriental, Singapore also have New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day celebrations in store for us do give a call for more information.
MODERN CANTONESE FLAVOURS – a delicious difference this festive season
Celebrate Christmas differently at Mitzo Restaurant & Bar as they launch three festive set menus featuring of selection of celebratory dishes with modern Cantonese flavours. Much loved ingredients like truffle, wagyu beef and lobster can make for an unforgettable dining experience.
- Mitzo 6-course Festive Menu
Available 1st to 23rd December and 26th to 30th December 2015
$118++ per person (food only), $198++ per person (food and free flow of champagne, cocktails, wines and beers)
Enjoy the likes of Drunken Chicken in 20 years’ Chinese Wine, Double-boiled Beef Brisket with Radish and Tendon and Crispy Shrimp coated with Truffles and Peanut Mayo.
- Mitzo Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Set Menu
Available 24th and 25th December 2015
$148++ per person (food only), $228++ per person (food and free flow of champagne, cocktails, wines and beers)
With premium ingredients featuring in dishes including Wok fried Truffle Lobster, Pumpkin Pork Rib with Pacific Clam and King Oyster Mushroom as well as desserts like Chilled Cream of Pumpkin with Purple Yeast Sago topped with Ice Cream and Cranberry Wine Puff, the festivities will start nicely. To finish off the night, Mitzo takes on its late night persona of a supper club with sounds of Nu Disco beats and Neo Soul grooves.
- Mitzo Christmas & New Year Yum Cha Brunch
Available 25th December 2015 and 1 January 2016 (11.30am to 2.30pm)
$98++ per person (food only), $178++ per person (food and free flow of champagne, cocktails, wines and beers)
No better way to relax and recover from a fun-filled night than with a brunch. There’s 40 types of unlimited servings dim sum, Cantonese favourites and Mitzo’s Supreme Special dishes. Stars of this brunch menu include Steamed Baby Sea Cucumber stuffed with Shrimp and Truffle Sauce, Oven-baked lobster with champagne sauce. Adding to the festive fun is the DIY cocktail station where you can mix up your very own tea-infused tipples.
- Mitzo New Year’s Eve Dinner & Countdown Party
31st December 2015
$168++ per person (food only), $248++ per person (food, free flow champagne, cocktails, wines and beer as well as free entry to the countdown party)
$40++ cover charge for countdown party, inclusive of 2 welcome drinks and free flow canapés
HILLTOP DINING at Spuds & Aprons and Faber Bistro
This Festive Season at Spuds & Aprons you can choose either Farmstyle Chicken roulade Stuffed with Chestnuts or Grain-fed 150-day Australian Sirloin Steak for your main from the Festive Set Menu. On Christmas Eve, Faber Bistro’s Festive Set Menu offers you the choice of Roast Fillet of Barramundi or US Turkey Roulade Stuffed with Caramelised Onion and Hazelnuts for your main.
Not forgetting the year end celebrations, New Year’s Eve fireworks will light up this ultimate hilltop location in Singapore.
To make reservations at Mount Faber dining spots, contact [email protected] or call +65 6377 9688
‘TIS THE SEASON FOR THE DINING DESTINATION at Quayside Isle @ Sentosa Cove
Bright lights, joyful cheers and plentiful to savour – Christmas is always a magical time for families and friends alike, this year uncover the dining destination to enjoy the festive season. Quayside Isle has exclusive promotions and dining options that promise a one-of-a-kind experience this Christmas.
With roving acts, dining wonderland, giant turkey paella, lobster roll, breakfast set and pancakes, chilli pomelo crab, Christmas Eve dinner with oysters and New Year’s Eve caviar dinner or lobster, foie gras and sorbet set menu. Whatever your taste, whatever your budget – from the 16 restaurants at Quayside Isle @ Sentosa Cove, there is sure to be something to fulfil your seasonal feasting needs this December.
For more information of dining venues or to make reservations for this festive season at Quayside Isle, please click HERE.
DELICIOUS CREATIONS AT FORT by Maison Ikkoku
Let Executive Chef and Master mixologist Ethan Leslie Leong serve up the savour of delicious creations at this swanky restaurant this festive season. With a 3-course Festive Menu priced at just S$38++ per person (with the option of adding S$20++ for the pairing of two cocktails) you can call +65 6336 0507 to make your reservation now.
The Festive Menu at FORT by Maison Ikkoku is being served now until 31st December 2015 and comprises;
A surprise Starter of the Day – using fresh ingredients, this starter to your festive menu changes daily
Holiday Turkey is two succulent turkey breast medallions marinated with a mix of herbs and spices. With tastes of truffles and cinnamon, it is completed with a puree of watercress. (pair the Santa Red cocktail with is a port-like red wine reduction with a perfumed nose of bergamot)
Dreamy dessert is Martell Cordon Bleu Lavender Crème Brûlée – this silky custard has a subtle scent of lavender and the added premium cognac gives a warm melted buttery caramel note. Of course the topping of caramelized sugar crust is perfect. (pair The Snowman cocktail here and enjoy a spice rum with luscious buttered popcorn, hazelnut and milk).
- Dear Santa Christmas show for 2 to 7 year olds (bubbamama.com)