TURN THE GLOOMY RAINY DAYS TO FUNTIMES AT INDOORS
Rain, rain go away,
Come again another day
On rainy days, we could teach our bubbas to sing this nursery rhyme but nothing should stop us Bubbas & Mamas from having fun even on a gloomy rainy day. Mothers could dress all the kids in their rain gear and go out for short walk enjoy the rain in their face, go to a fast-food joint with indoor playground, let the kids play and enjoy your coffee or tea or simply just go walk around or window shop at a shopping mall nearby.
If one can’t get out, there are many activities to do at home when the kids are singing for the rain to go away. One activity we recommend is Tape Track or Topple Tower.
Tape Track (For 3 year old)
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3M Washi Tape or masking tape
- A few small toy cars
- Test the tape on the floor or carpet to make it is easy to remove. *Note: leaving the tape after one or two days might leave sticky track marks on the floor or carpet.
- Line the tape on the floor or carpet to create an indoor ‘race track’ for the toy cars.
Now that you have a mini indoor race track for your bubba, it will occupy them for about an hour to two hours.
Topple Tower (For 2 year olds)
WHAT YOU NEED
- A few boxes, cartons or yogurt cartons.
HOW TO PLAY
Count the number of boxes with your bubba to teach how to count. Show him how you would stack the boxes, continue counting the number of boxes as you stack. Let bubba stack until the ‘tower’ topples and encourage him to stack again. This “Topple Tower’ playtime will keep a bubba busy for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Imaginative Play with Barbie (bubbamama.com)