[embedplusvideo height=”390″ width=”639″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1dHUqKn” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/QwMnQfK-ZcM?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=QwMnQfK-ZcM&width=639&height=390&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep4869″ /]
When I first saw the new Toyota Corolla Altis, I thought it was just another sedan Toyota has designed and manufactured, I was completely awed by the time I’m done with the test drive.
Here’s my review on the car:
- Keyless Entry- I could get into the car without having to unlock with a key. Gone are the days of fishing the key from my heavy bag, the crew sneakily drop the key into my bag, I didn’t realise until they told me.
- Keyless Start- I could start the car without the key, I had experience of losing my keys which were swimming in my bag, so this enable a quicker drive off
- Electric Boot Release- trunk opens with a light touch, perfect when my hands are full (with bubba and shopping
- Wide Trunk Space- I could put 2 strollers which is good for families or for hanging out with another gf who has a toddler. Bubba could even jump in it
- ISO-Fix Child Restraint Capabilities- Bubba is safely anchored and secured throughout the entire journey
- Built-in DVD Infotainment With Navigation Function- This is great because I amusually alone with Bubba most of the times, it’s great for keeping him entertained and less restless
- Auto climate- The car ‘senses’ the ambient temperature and adjust automatically. This is a great feature as it keeps Bubba cool and comfortable. This ‘calm-your-child’ function kept Bubba cool and when he’s cool, I am cool and focused on the road
- Acoustic Windscreen- The windscreen has an acoustic layer sandwiched in between two glass layers to reduce the exterior noise. Bubba fell asleep because the car was very quiet
- Surround Sound System- When bubba fell asleep, I could listen to my own music and drive and it feels like I am in my own music cocoon
- Turning Stability- The car is stable and the handling is smooth, I would say it has precise perfect steering abilities
- Intuitive Wiper Speed- Wipers were sweeping faster as the rain got heavier
- Intuitive Side Mirror and Headlights- Headlights lit up when I went into the tunnel which allows me to see clearly. I didn’t have to switch it on and off when I drove out of the tunnel.
The new Toyota Corolla Altis is truly a car for a busy mom. It works like it is part of my brain and knows what I’m thinking. I highly recommend it to mommies who are looking to buy a value for money car.
Price with COE: $139, 147 (as of 9th Jan 2014)
6 Months Road Tax: $371
Registration Fee: $140
In Vehicle Unit: $$200
Number Plate: $30 ALL PRICES IN SINGAPORE DOLLARS HERE