Getting kids to eat their vegetables can sometimes be a challenge, but if you don’t start them young, it might be all the more impossible to convince them later on.
Nonetheless, with so many other parenting demands you have to attend to, figuring out the best way to serve these healthy greens may seem like a monumental task. Nowadays, especially if you have toddlers, who has the time to play culinary chef?
The good news is that cooking delicious vegetable dishes can be as simple as roasting them — with the right techniques and equipment, you’ll be able to whip up roast vegetables so good your bubba will ask for more!
Roast Vegetable Recipe: the Basics
To roast vegetables, you’ll simply need to:
- Preheat the oven (anywhere from 375-450° F).
- Prepare your vegetables and arrange them on a pan with a baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Roast the vegetables until tender (about 25-30 minutes). Make sure to flip them halfway through your cooking time.
You can choose to roast the vegetables altogether, or one by one.
Cooking Roast Vegetables for Bubba
Big chunks of vegetables may not seem appealing for kids (and some adults too!), so rather than serve them a full wedge of potato, why not cut these veggies into smaller bite-sized pieces to make sure they actually finish them.
It would also help to make sure that the veggies are soft enough — if you find they’re not yet as cooked as you’d like them to be, lower down the heat by about 25-50° F and pop them in the oven again. Be careful not to burn them though!
The Vegetable Favourites
- With so many vegetables to choose from, you don’t need to worry if your child doesn’t like a particular produce, there’s so much more to try — from potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, turnips, parsnips, and onions, you’re likely to find a favourite from one or two of these.
Here are some ideas on how to serve them:
- Baked Carrot Fries – cut the carrots into long french fry-like pieces and serve them with ketchup. Obviously, this works well with potato and sweet potato too!
- Kid-Friendly Roasted Broccoli – adding optional flavourings such as parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and sesame seeds can make the dish look more appetizing for kids. You can also serve them with dips and sauces such as ranch, ketchup, salsa, or guacamole.
- Mixed Roasted Vegetables – find your winning combination of vegetable favourites and toss them all together in your baking pan. For more flavour, add rosemary and pepper.
Find the Perfect Equipment in Bosch Home Appliances
If you find turning your veggies midway through roasting such a hassle, then we’ve got the perfect solution for you: the Bosch Series 8 ovens. Its 4D Hot Air function distributes heat evenly, eliminating the hassle and ensuring perfect results every time.
Here’s a recipe for the viral TikTok Baked Feta Pasta challenge, which has undoubtedly taken over the Internet. With thousands worldwide hopping onto this trend, Bosch Home Appliances wants to show you how to elevate this popular recipe to greater heights.
For more information on the Bosch appliances mentioned, visit: