One of my close Mommy GF recently shared with me a millet recipe her bubba Sarah loves and I thought it is quick and easy to prepare in the morning breakfasts.
Millet is a grain rich nutrient and is a stable carbohydrate in China, Russia, India and Africa. Incorporate organic millet with whole grains into a meal for a diet high in protein, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and fiber– also help to reduce risks of diabetes.
Here’s how to cook the millet porridge (you can tweak the ingredients according to your bubba’s taste):
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 Snow Pear, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp USDA Organic Millet
- 1 cup of water
- Rinse millet over strainer.
- Add millet into a small pot and bring to boil.
- Add diced snow pear.
- Reduce to a simmer and boil for the next 5 minutes.
- Add a dash of organic yogurt to taste.
Judging from Bubba’s HUGE SMILE, I am very sure he loves the millet porridge. All the GOODNESS packed into a petite bowl.
- Wednesday Bubba Tips: Going Organic (bubbamama.com)
- A Beginner’s Guide To Millet: It’s Not Just For Birds (mindbodygreen.com)
- Kitchen Experiments – Millet Ravioli (wellspringholisticcenter.com)