DAZZLE AND DELIGHT LOVED ONES THIS FESTIVE SEASON WITH GOURMET NESPRESSO COFFEE MOMENTS TO REMEMBER
With Chinese New Year being the season of reunions and house visitors, why not serve up some coffee beverages they will receive with delight and remember all year long.
In a special Chinese New Year collaboration, Nespresso team up with Chef Alvin Leung (aka the Demon Chef) to create some delicious all-new gourmet Nespresso coffee moments. These coffee recipes are designed to excite, surprise and delight coffee lovers and combine some of the best selling Nespresso Grands Crus from the full range of 22 available capsule selection.
Chef Alvin Leung x Nespresso recipes include:-
- CNY Candy Box Coffee Affogato with Rosabaya de Colombia,
- Almond Flavoured Milk Tea with Coffee Jelly with NEW Decaf Arpeggio,
- Salty Peanut Caramel with Taro, Coffee Milkshake with Ristretto,
- Passion Fruit Caramel Coffee Martini with Caramelito.
We recently took part in a private Nespresso Coffee Creation Workshop and tried our hand at some of these recipes created by Chef Alvin Leung. We were surprised just how simple, beautiful and delicious these creations can be. One of our favourites from the selection was the Salty Peanut Caramel creation using our favourite Ristretto, this sweet but salty beverage is a wickedly rich treat to tantalise the tastebuds!
Club Members can receive Chef Alvin Leung’s Nespresso Coffee Moments for Chinese New Year recipe booklet free of charge with ay purchase of the Nespresso Limited Edition 6 sleeve assortment pack (while stocks last).
One of the recipes we re-created was Chef Alvin Leung’s CNY Candy Box Coffee Affogato creation. This recipe uses the subtle acidity and red fruit notes of Nespresso’s Rosabaya de Colombia Grand Cru. Try this recipe at home:-
CNY Candy Box Coffee Affogato with Rosabaya de Colombia
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 x 40ml of Nespresso Rosabay de Colombia Grand Cru (refresh with 4-5 ice cubes in a shaker)
- 3 tbs of raspberry purée
- 4 scoops of coconut ice cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped candied lotus seed and winter melon
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- Red date syrup
- Beat the cream in a large bowl and add 1 tbs of red date syrup. Beat until the cream forms into soft peaks.
- Pour 40ml of chilled Rosabaya de Columbia Grand Cru into each glass.
- Add 2 scoops of coconut ice cream and top with red date whipped cream and the chopped candied mixture, pumpkin seeds and raspberry purée.
(this recipe can be simplified by using a regular pre-whipped cream available at all supermarkets)
Club Member Privileges and Exclusive CNY discounts
By way of honouring the Chinese New Year tradition, Nespresso are offering a S$88 discount on selected coffee machines – a perfect way to spread fortune and joy this festive season!
Gift loved ones or update your cup selection while enjoying the exclusive offer of 20% off any Nespresso Ritual Cappuccino cup set or Nespresso Ritual Lungo cup set (T&C apply).
Gifts of red paper packets will accompany all Nespresso purchases throughout the festive season (while stocks last).
Chef Alvin Leung is famous for his delicious, innovative and experimental cuisine and is the celebrated chef at the helm of Michelin-starred restaurant Bo Innovation in Hong Kong. He is a popular star chef and has hosted The Maverick Chef, Wok Stars and is a Judge on MasterChef Canada.
Nespresso Boutiques can be found at ION Orchard and Takashimaya.