One can never truly feel the Christmas spirit when Christmas presents, Christmas Turkey, Eggnott and a Christmas Log Cake is missing at a Christmas Dinner Party. A good Christmas log cake makes Christmas more enjoyable and more memorable too!
We made a Christmas Log Cake at Allspice using Prima Flour and it was very delicious and moist! Here’s the recipe to share the love!
3 nos Egg
3 nos Egg Yolk
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
70g Prima Cake Flour 12g Cocoa Powder
4 nos Egg White 30g Icing Sugar
2 nos Egg Yolk 50g Sugar
18g Corn Starch 25g Butter
300g Dark Chocolate 75ml Water
4 nos Egg Yolk
4 nos Egg White 60g Sugar
200g Heavy Cream
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- In a mixing bowl, whip Ingredient A until thick ribbon stage. Set aside egg mixture.
- Sift Ingredient B and fold it into the egg mixture. Set aside flour batter.
- In another mixing bowl, whip Ingredient C to medium soft peak. Whipped egg white is ready.
- Fold whipped egg white into the flour batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined baking tray and bake at
- 200o C for 10 – 13 minutes.
- Once baked, turn the sponge cake onto another baking sheet and roll up before it cools.
- Heat milk and 1⁄2 a portion of the sugar in a pot.
- Meanwhile, mix egg yolk, sugar
andcornstarch. Set aside egg yolk mixture.
- Bring the milk to a simmer and pour 1⁄2 of it into the egg yolk mixture. Then pour the mixture back into the pot and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Once the mixture thickens, pour it into a bowl and fold in butter.
- Unroll the sponge cake and apply the pastry cream. Roll up sponge cake.
- Melt dark chocolate and water over a double boiler or microwave. Set aside melted chocolate.
- Whip egg yolk and 30g sugar until thick ribbon stage.
- Fold in melted chocolate. Set aside chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg white and 60g sugar until soft peak and fold into chocolate mixture. Set aside mixture.
- Whip heavy cream and fold into mixture.
- Decorate with chocolate cream as desired.