Comfort Food Porridge
This “Comfort Food Porridge” is most suitable when one is nursing or recovering from a flu. The “Comfort Food Porridge” is not too heavy to digest yet provides the energy, nutrients and anti-oxidants to help in recovery and boosting body immunity.
Number of servings: 2 persons
- 1 cup brown rice mixed with white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 bean sticks, broken and soaked to soften 8 medium mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 1 teaspoon wolfberry, rinsed
- 1 pack of brown beech mushrooms 1 tablespoon dr. MCT® oil (click HERE to find out the benefits)
- Boil and simmer porridge with ginger, bean sticks mushrooms for 30 minutes.
- Add wolfberry and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add more water if a watery porridge is preferred.
- Add in beech mushrooms.
- Turn off heat.
- Add in dr. MCT® oil.
- Optional gingko nuts (for adults only as children find them slightly bitter).
Recipe credit: dr. MCT®