FORGET GOOD HAIR DAYS, WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU FABULOUS HAIR DAYS!
Just for you gorgeous mamas, we have put together this guide to Fabulous Hair that will see every hair type at it’s best and any hair worries will be banished. With names including Keranove, Vichy, Ma Chérie, MVNE, Sebastian, JuJu Cosmetics, Nuxe, Phyto and Shiseido, you can rest assured that Bubbamama will help you find your premier choice products. Starting from simply finding the perfect shampoo to enhance your beautiful locks right through to helping you find remedies for problem hair or scalp, it’s all here.
Thanks to our friends in the beauty business, we are able to get sneak peeks of new products from each corner of the globe. We then put them to the test just for you gorgeous mamas and, along with all of the expert advice we receive, we have been able to collate all of this info and present you with this Guide to Fabulous Hair :-
One of our particular favourites is the Revitalize, Protect and Nourish range by Kéranove. With an active concentrate of wild mango, this entire range (Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment and Mask) is rich in protein and lipids and will hydrate and repair effectively.
Four facts about Mangoes;
- Mangoes are native to South-East Asia, where they have been grown for more than 4,000 years.
- More Mangoes are eaten fresh around the world than any other fruit.
- According to folklore, Buddha was given a mango orchard by a faithful follower so that he could rest in its cool shade.
- Mangoes are known as the ‘King of fruits’
Why is mango good for hair?
- The Mango seed contains a butter-like substance, use on hair for luster and strength.
- This Mango seed butter can also be mixed with mustard oil, left out in the sun, then applied to the hair and scalp – can control hair loss, early greying and dandruff.
- Mango contains vitamin A, can fight dandruff and add shine to hair.
Homemade Mango hair conditioning mask:
- 1 ripe Mango (squash to a pulp with a fork)
- table spoon of natural yogurt
- 2 egg yolks
Mix all ingredients together, apply mask to hair (avoid too much onto scalp area), leave for 30 minutes, rinse well, shampoo the mixture out and voila – super conditioned hair!
Another wonderful discovery for Dry/Damaged Hair are three new product launched by Tsubaki into the Shiseido hair care range.
- A leave-in treatment – the Tsubaki Damage Care Hair Emulsion. With ingredients like Camellia Butter and Camellia oil, this treatment penetrate deep into the core of each hair shaft to repair and restore suppleness and lustre from roots to tips without leaving any sticky residue.
- Tsubaki Damage Care Hair Water – Created to instantly repair and protect against damage. This Damage Care Hair Water will repair dry and brittle hair to give a smooth feel leaving hair manageable right to the ends. An added benefit is the UV protection, so you are sure hair is protected whilst you are out in the Tropical sunshine.
- Tsubaki Shining Hair Water – As a new addition to the Shining, this Shining Hair Water instantly replenishes moisture and shine to the hair, making it silky smooth and lustrous. Leaving no oily feel, this is the perfect product to bring back shine to dull tired hair and add moisture and bring back manageability to coarse frizzy hair.
At Tsubaki’s recent launch, we were treated to a flash hair care session:
Our Beauty Editor’s hair is incredibly dry (too much colour changing and bleach…yikes!) so the perfect product for her was the Damage Care Hair Water lightly sprayed all over. Then pump a little Damage Care Hair Emulsion into the palm and apply, less around the top and scalp to avoid the hair from hanging flat but more around the very dry ends of each hair. The look was a true transformation with an immediate less dry, dull and damaged appearance. Continued use proves to give fabulous results.
‘Derived from Plants’, the Phyto is fast becoming our fave and, since discovering the Phyto 7 Hydrating Day Cream and Phyto 9 Nourishing Day Cream, we are totally hooked:
- Phyto 7 Hydrating Day Cream with 7 plants (mallow, calendula, sage, burdock, willow, soybean and rosemary) is especially formulated to give hydration and radiance to dry hair.
- Phyto 9 Nourishing Day Cream with 9 plants (mallow, calendula, sage, burdock, willow, soybean, rosemary, St. John’s wort and macadamia oil) is particularly for those with ultra-dry hair.
Both Phyto Day Creams are a easy to use and, as the cream can be applied to dry hair too, it’s a great carry-along product. For exceptional results and beautiful hair, apply after every wash to towel-dried hair and add as necessary to the ends of dry or damaged hair. Phyto Day Cream is richly creamy and gives moisture to dry hair without leaving an oily touch or a having weighing-down effect.
Professional help for mamas with dry hair comes from Sebastian, that is now available to us through Zalora. Sebastian caters to the style-conscious who wants to sport the latest hair trends. This range provides great hold and body, gorgeous shine and products that effectively cleanse and strengthen often-styled hair.
SENSITIVE OR PROBLEM SCALP/OILY HAIR/HAIR LOSS
We most certainly DO NOT need to give into signs of hair loss and with thanks to Vichy Laboratories, L’Oreal research and this new Dercos Neogenic hair renewal treatment, we are promised re-densified and new locks of hair. Simply massaging one dose of treatment per day for the recommended period of 3 months, on average, you will see 1700 new hair fibers produced.
At Dercos Neogenic product launch recently, we learnt causes of hair loss, how other products failed where Dercos Neogenics succeeded and much more. It’s now our job to share this information with you:
- Did you know that the lifecycle of hair contains 3 key stages: the hair grows, stabilizes and then falls out. Between 2 cycles the hair bulb enters into a ‘dormant’ phase for a period of 2-12 months. Similar to hibernation, it’s activity is on hold and the ‘bulb’ stays empty. The longer this ‘dormant’ phase lasts, hair appears thinner and the scalp becomes more visible.
- Stem cells were the discovering made and is the secret of hair renewal. By using the world patented innovation of ‘STEMOXYDINE’, these once dormant bulbs will once again awaken. Having a biometric action that simulates the optimal environment needed for stem cells to function properly, research showed that the number of hair fibers increases and hair is re-densified.
This unisex hair renewal treatment is a worldwide innovation and, after undergoing many tests, the results show that the dream of hair rebirth is true.
As a compliment to this hair renewal system, you can find a Dercos Neogenic Redensifying Shampoo that will see immediate and long lasting volume.
Common reasons why hair can stay in a prolonged ‘dormant’ phase thus leading to hair loss:
- Pregnancy, malfunctions in the thyroid gland and menopause are some main reasons. This is because hormones regulate hair growth and any imbalance in our natural hormone levels will cause disruptions.
- Long term medication for conditions such as depression, heart disease, arthritis, and high blood pressure are also marked as main reasons of hair loss. Although we do not recommend changing any medication levels without prior speaking to a professional.
- Emotional and physical shock such as loss of a loved one, major surgery, childbirth, excessive or sudden weight loss can lead to hair loss
Professional help for your hair problems come from two professional brands, which are now available outside the hair salons, Nioxin and SP are both available through Zalora and cater perfectly to mamas with hair care problems which need a professional touch:
The Nioxin range serves those with thinning hair concerns. This 12-time award-winning brand is known for its advanced skincare approach to hair, treating the scalp and promoting growth of healthy hair.
SP has a scientific approach to hair care, featuring the latest hair technologies to personalize the various hair care needs like dandruff, volume, sensitivity and more.
Those snow-like flakes of Dandruff are combatted by two ranges of Shampoo and Treatment by Kéranove, choose the perfect control for your hair woes:
- Dry dandruff can be banished with the range containing Zinc Pyrithione this also works at protecting, hydrating and soothing the scalp.
- Oily scalp with dandruff The Shampoo to balance and purify containing Aseptylamine™ it is antibacterial and has anti-irritant properties, this shampoo will stabilize the scalp and regulate sebum secretion.
Common causes of Dandruff:
- Dry scalp, or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis.
Help to banish Dandruff:
- A few drops of Tea Tree oil added to your regular shampoo will significantly improve your Dandruff problem.
- Baking soda reduces the fungi causing Dandruff – mix 2 teaspoons with a small amount of water to create a paste and apply directly to the scalp.
- Balance the pH of your scalp with the acid found in lemon juice. Just a few drops diluted in water, poured onto your scalp regularly for a week will see dramatic results in fighting Dandruff.
Oily Hair needs something special to purify and soothe. Kéranove have used the active concentrate of meadowsweet that is rich in phenolic acid to restore balance of the scalp and regulate sebum secretion in this Shampoo and Conditioner.
More ideas for dealing with oily hair:-
- Sea salt is a great way to strip away that excess oil. A simple mix of sea salt and water in a spray bottle can make a good rinse off treatment. (twice a month use max so as not to irritate the scalp).
- Dry shampoo is ideal for days between washes. When we have oily hair we tend to wash too often which will strip away too many of the natural oils we need for healthy hair.
What exactly is normal hair?
- Normal hair is neither oily nor dry. Someone who has never dyed their hair and do not have damaged hair or, have no problems or, hair concerns then their hair is normal.
It’s actually good to switch hair products too and, when you are not using a continuing treatment, normal hair products are great to give your hair a breath of fresh air. Try it, you’ll feel the difference immediately (for the better).
Kéranove have created a shampoo that is perfect for everyday use and for those with Normal Hair. The active ingredient of Chufa Sedge concentrate is rich in oleic acid and tocopherols to nourish, protect and enhance the beauty of normal hair.
Ma Chérie – scent and protect:- adding scent to normal hair, or any hair for that matter, is now possible, and that’s without drying hair out by spritzing on eau de toilette or perfume. Something new to us at Bubbamama is the Ma Chérie hair fragrance spray. This fragrance spray does not mask out the nasty smells but actually protects, by creating a sweet scented barrier to protect hair from those nasty smells that can cling.
Herbal natural goodness by MVNE for gorgeous hair – from the first scent of it’s aromatic fragrance, with a blend that incorporates chardonnay, lime, green apple, chamomile, pear, honeysuckle, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, musk and amber, we begin to feel refreshed and at one with nature.
While MVNE is formulated with rich moisturizing ingredients, both the shampoo and conditioner promise to repair and thoroughly nourish all hair types. Finally, with it’s mix of essential oils and natural herb extracts, we recommend MVNE Natural Herb Scent for a relaxing experience that leaves us with shiny great conditioned hair.
Our method of nourishing normal to dry hair has now become even more glamorous. The Huile Prodigieuse by Nuxe has been with us in Singapore for some time now but, this year, Nuxe are sure we will fall in love with their Limited Edition featuring the Eiffel Tower and her Parisian chic. The unique concept of this multi-purpose dry oil can be applied to hair to totally nourish as well as massaged or applied to face and body to see skin nourished, smooth, soft and repaired. Ooh la la for Fabulous Hair!
Moroccain inspired luxury for beautifully natural hair, by Bibreeq.
Among the ingredients of Bibreeq, we find:-
- Ghassoul, this natural clay mineral is mined in Morocco and has been traditionally used in hair care because of its effectiveness in absorbing sebum and washing away dirt thoroughly.
- Argan Oil, a rare oil extracted from the fruit of argan which grow only in Morocco.
- Damask Rose, a queen among blooms with a delicious scent.
- Hyaluronic Acid, with a high moisturizing effect it also gives hair flexibility.
- Keratin, a highly superior protection to avoid damaged hair.
- Amino Acid, strengthens, moisturizes and prevents colour loss.
What is Non-Silicon?
We’ve all seen the ingredients labels or statements on products promising ‘NO-SILICON’, but what does that actually mean and why is it important? BubbaMama.com have linked up with one of our brand partners to give you the explanation you need:-
- Silicon is often added to hair products because it is a component that makes hair glossy, smooth and pleasant to touch. However, it easily clings to the scalp and over a period can build up causing the scalp and hair to not be cleansed sufficiently. Of course, when the scalp is not being cleansed correctly then problems or disorders can occur.
- Non-Silicon means your hair product will firmly and thoroughly cleanse your scalp and hair, thus ensuring your chosen hair treatment is effectively absorbed without the silicon causing a barrier.
If you like to dabble in the hair dyes then you’ll be needing a hair care range that extends the radiance of your chosen colour. Kéranove’s range for coloured hair contains active pomegranate concentrate that is high in antioxidants, protects hair against free radicals from UV rays.
Four facts about pomegranates;
- This rather Royal looking fruit with jewel-like seeds is a tonic for a healthy heart.
- Contains vitamins C and E, thus making it an excellent fruit to add to our diet.
- It’s Latin name means ‘apple with many seeds’.
- Pomegranates can be stored for up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
Why is pomegranate good for hair?
- The peel can be effectively used to combat hair loss and to control dandruff.
- Rich in vitamin C, the extensive growth agent, eating the fruit and drinking pomegranate juice leads to hair growth.
Homemade Hair Mask to boost shine and enhance colour:-
- 8 large fresh ripe strawberries (softer the better)
- 4 table spoons of natural yogurt
- 8 table spoons of Pomegranate juice
Use a fork to squash the strawberries, add yogurt and Pomegranate juice to the mixture. Apply to hair (not too much on the scalp), cover head with cling film, leave for 30 minutes. Rinse well using cool water. (no need to shampoo afterwards)
Sometimes we all feel like a change of hair colour, or maybe a colour to enhance our natural hair colour. Kéranove Oleo Colour have a huge selection of colours to choose from and because of the Oleo and Keratine ingredient, this hair colour has been declared the First DIY permanent hair colour that is recommended for dry hair. All DIY permanent colour treatments are ammonia-free, paraben-free and odour-free.
Healthy hair will hold the vibrant colour you choose for longer and stay in good condition. Here are a few tips for pre and post colour care for your hair.
- A store bought or hot oil treatment used 2 or 3 days prior to colouring is a perfect way to healthy coloured hair. We recommend warming olive oil (2 or 3 table spoons depending on length of hair), thoroughly coating the hair and leaving for 30 to 40 minutes then wash of completely.
- It’s recommended to wash hair 2 days, or at least the day before colouring this ensures hair’s natural oils are present at the time of colouring to create a good base for a good even colour application.
- If using a home hair dye, remember that the colour on the box is not always the colour you will achieve. A strand test will save you from having a colour disaster.
After Colour care:-
- The most important point to know is that waiting 2 days (48 hours) before your first after-colour shampoo wash will ensure your colour settles and has lasting power.
- Using shampoo and conditioner specifically for colour treated hair is a must, these will protect your colour from fading. Kéranove’s range for coloured hair is one option.
- A weekly hair treatment, like a deep conditioning mask, will keep colour vibrant and hair in great condition.
- Lastly, don’t let faded colour or nasty looking roots ruin your look. Depending on your hair growth rate, you may need to commit to colouring or at least touching up the roots every 4 to 6 weeks.
Some information and a little introduction to the brands featured in this Guide to Fabulous Hair:
- Kéranove is available exclusively at Watsons stores
- Dercos Neogenic by Vichy is available at Guardian, Watsons and Unity stores
- Ma Chérie by Shiseido is available at exclusively at selected Watsons stores
- Sebastian, Nioxin and SP now retailing through Zalora, zalora.sg
- Tsubaki by Shiseido is available exclusively at Watsons Stores.
- Bilbreeq and MVNE by SPR is available exclusively at Isetan, BHG and selected John Little outlets. For more information, please visit facebook.com/BeautyDirectSG
- Nuxe Paris products, and specifically the Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Huile Prodigieuse, is available at John Little and all Beauty by Nature outlets (VivoCity, Parkway Parade and ION)
- Phyto range of hair products are available at all Beauty by Nature stores (VivoCity, Parkway Parade and ION)