EFFORTLESS AND DELICIOUS HOME-MADE NOODLE MAKER RECIPES
We recently shared the launch into Singapore of the Philips Avance Collection Noodle Maker. The delicious, fresh and personalized home-made noodles are, indeed, fuss-free and simple to prepare.
How about some tasty, nutritious and quick recipes to try at home?
Shanghai Yang Chun Mian
For the Soup
- 1200ml Soup stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large bok choy
- Dried onion flakes to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt/light soy sauce to taste
For the Noodles
- 300g Philips fresh egg noodles
- salt to taste
- 1 green onions finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil
- Meanwhile, simmer the soup stock, oil and, if using, onion flakes, chilli flakes and garlic powder in a pan. Do not allow to boil
- Cook the chopped stems of bok choy for 3 minutes in the soup, then add the leafy parts and turn off the heat. Season the soup.
- Meanwhile, cook the Philips fresh egg noodles. When they rise to the surface, cook for an additional 1 minute. Drain and transfer to serving bowls.
- Pour soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately
Penne ‘Mac’ and Cheese
For the Cheese sauce
- 30g butter
- 40g wheat flour
- 30ml milk
- 100g cheddar/gouda cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese
For the Noodles
- 600g Philips fresh egg penne pasta
- salt to taste
For the Topping
- 20g butter
- bread crumbs to taste
- paprika powder to taste
- (add vegetables like bell pepper, blanched broccoli or green beans to make this dish a complete and balanced meal.)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil. Cook the Philips fresh egg penne pasta for 10-12 minutes. Cool under cold water and leave to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter on the lowest heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux and fry for a few minutes. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Place the pasta in a large casserole dish, and cover with the cheese sauce.
- Prepare the breadcrumb topping. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the penne. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Be creative! Share your own Philips Noodle Maker recipes and creations with Philips #PhilipsNoodleMaker. These recipes and more are available in the Philips Avance Collection Noodle Maker recipe book. This recipe book accompanies the noodle maker. All recipes in the book have been co-developed with Temasek Polytechnic.
The white and champagne coloured Philips Avance Collection Noodle Maker HR2365 retails at S$329,
is available at major department stores, leading electronics stores and selected authorised dealers.
Accompanied by a specially designed and crafted recipe booklet by Philips and Temasek Polytechnic.
- Create Artisan Noodles with the Philips Noodle Maker (martiniblanc.com)
- Philips Noodle Maker : Fresh Home-Made Noodles, Easy! (bubbamama.com)
- Review: Philips Airfryer Avance XL – Air is the new oil (bubbamama.com)
- Black Soybean Tofu Fish Stew with Yam & Fish Sauce (bubbamama.com)
- Cold Black Soybean Tau Kwa Soba Noodle with Black Sesame-Soy Broth (bubbamama.com)