Chocolate cookies are children’s favourite and it is easy to make at home. The ingredients are pretty basic and fast to make when the kids chip in to help. But it is easier when you have a Thermomix (especially the Thermomix TM6) and it takes only 15 minutes to make the dough and the rest of the time is spent waiting for the cookies to bake in the oven. For those who are still using the Thermomix TM5, the instructions are included here so that you don’t have to keep referring to the book.
If you are using the normal mixer, you can increase the time by 3-4 times as the mixer will be slower and it is not as powerful as the Thermomix.
Number of servings: 30 pieces
- 7 – 10 oz dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 4 oz unsalted butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 3 oz sugar
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp homemade vanilla sugar
or 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 7 oz all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Place dark chocolate into mixing bowl and chop 3-6 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla sugar into mixing bowl and mix 1 min 30 sec/speed 3. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix further 30 sec/speed 3.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and knead 20 sec/knead function.
- Add reserved chopped chocolate and knead 20 sec/knead function. With two teaspoons, form dough into walnut-size balls and place them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake one sheet after another for 10-11 minutes (350°F) until cookies are golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving or storing in an airtight container.
Recipe is from Thermomix Cookidoo.