We all know how having a great smile can boost our confidence and make us feel like a million dollars. On the flip side, we also know how someone with bad breath can completely kill off a conversation!
Though far from a glamorous topic, oral hygiene is never more important than when you’re pregnant. Changes in hormone levels can make you more susceptible to pregnancy gingivitis (an inflammation of the gum tissue, that can lead to serious gum disease), an increase in acidity levels of the mouth can speed up the process of tooth decay and the same hormones that loosen up your ligaments, can also loosen up your teeth…eek!
In light of the new ‘Smile More Singapore’ campaign by Oral B and The Specialist Dental Group, here is the three-step programme for ensuring great oral hygiene and a winning smile.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush. Be sure to replace your toothbrush with a new one as soon as the bristles start to fray.
- Floss at lease once a day to get rid of the food between your teeth. Curve the floss to follow the contour of your tooth and use a clean part of the floss for each tooth.
- Rinse your mouth daily for at least 30 seconds. This can help to reduce the amount of plaque on your teeth and also combat bad breath.
In addition to all of the above, Dr. Helena Lee from The Specialist Dental Group also recommends that you drop in on your dentist every 6 months for a regular check up.
Be sure to follow these simple steps for a mouth full of beautiful pearly whites and a wallet full of cash to invest in something cooler than a hefty dental bill!
- What is Good Oral Hygiene? (stainlesssmileblog.wordpress.com)
- Oral-B Launches Smile More Singapore Campaign with Romeo Tan (superadrianme.com)