Thai Olive Fried Rice
An easy-to-cook recipe where cooked rice is tossed through with a topping of minced meat and black olive paste, a Teochew condiment. The garnishes add crunch and freshness to the rice, making it a complete meal. This recipe is developed by Sylvia Tan, bestselling cookbook author & veteran in the local food scene using Kinmemai Japanese rice.
Number of servings: 8 to 10 people
- 5 cups of Kinmemai Better White
- 6 cups of water
- 500g minced chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 250 g bottle of black olive paste
- 1-2 tsps. fish sauce
- Generous shake of white pepper
Click HERE to read about the health benefits of Kinmemai Better White Japanese Rice.
- 1 cup of peanuts, roasted
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced
- 1 thin-skinned large lime, diced finely
- Cook Kinmemai Better White rice with water in a rice cooker till dry and fluffy. While rice is cooking, prepare the garnishes.
- Pour out two tablespoons of oil from the bottle of olive paste and heat in a wok.
- Sauté chopped garlic till fragrant.
- Dish out cooked rice onto a platter. Top with olive-meat mixture.
- Garnish with nuts, chillies, diced lime and basil leaves. Before eating, toss rice and garnishes together and serve
Click HERE to see more pictures.
Recipe credit: Sylvia Tan, bestselling cookbook author & veteran in the local food scene using Kinmemai Japanese rice.