With that nasty haze hanging about outside, why not spend some time indoors learning how to style this summer’s hottest new hairstyles? Toni & Guy have picked the most fashion forward looks from this season’s catwalks and put together step-by-step instructions so you can try them at home! Here are their picks…
For the jet setting trendsetter, this sleek sophisticated look pairs best with this summer’s outrageous prints and bold colours.
– Create a neat centre parting with a pintail comb in the front of the hair.
– Section a small amount of hair from the front hairline then tie all remaining hair into a ponytail at the back of the head. Secure with a bungee elastic.
– Twist hair into a classic chignon and secure around the edge with pins and grips. Leave some ends un-tucked, and gently tease around the crown area to loosen the knot.
2. Ryan Lo’s Textural Topknot
Adding a little bit of texture to yesterday’s topknot, this look oozes playful attitude. Quirky, elegant and a sure fire way to stand out from the crowd.
– Pull hair into a haphazard ponytail on the crown.
– Spritz ponytail with the Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray, divide it into three sections and plait it loosely before securing the ends with an elastic band.
– Tease out baby hairs to create a lived-in texture. Twist the plait around the ponytail base to achieve an imperfect topknot.
– Finish with the Casual Flexible Hold Hairspray to achieve a piled-high topknot and a dressed from- the-head-down look.
3. Mark Hampton’s Bodacious Retro Waves
Ooh la la, amp up those sultry summer evenings with this blast from the past. These soft curls can be worn close to the nape of the neck or let down to transform you into a 70s bohemian babe.
– Cocktail the Heat Protection Mist onto towel-dried hair before rough-drying it.
– Roll sections around a medium-sized brush as you dry hair from the nape upwards to achieve maximum root lift. Pin each roll in place to allow it to set as the hair cools.
– Gently brush out each curl, teasing hair slightly at the crown. Follow with a spritz of hairspray.
To help you get these sizzling summer looks, pop over to your nearest Watsons or Guardian Pharmacy to pick up the following Toni & Guy summer essentials:
- HOW TO: A fake bob hairstyle (creatively3.wordpress.com)