Start your weekend with some breakfast in bed. Here’s a nice pancake recipe for those who prefer a crispier pancake. But this will be so good you’ll be eating it anyday and time!
1 cup all purpose flour, sieved
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter (if you are using salted butter, then skip the salt above)
1 cup milk
1 large egg
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mix well in a large bowl.
- Using a nonstick pan, on low heat, gently melt the butter. The butter should not bubble or sizzle. When the butter is melted, pour in the milk and warm it up gently for about 1-2 minutes, the mixture should be just slightly warm. Stir gentle to avoid spilling.
- In the flour mixture bowl, created a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour the milk mixture in. Break the egg in as well, and using a whisk to mix the batter. Do not overmix, a few lumps are fine. You want the pancake to be fluffy and not chewy. Over mixing will result in a chewy pancake.
- Using a kitchen towel, wipe up any remaining residue on the non stick pan you used earlier. Heat up the pan to medium heat.
- using a ladle, scoop up the batter and spread in the pan. When you see bubbles on the pancake top, you can flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- serve warm with your choice of topping
Some good topping ideas are fruits, ice cream, whipped cream, cinnamon sugar.