UNDERSTAND THE REASONS BEHIND HAIR LOSS ISSUES AND HELP IN MAINTAINING HEALTHY HAIR
Postnatal hair loss can be a worrying and rather depressing time for Moms. Understanding this type of hair loss and knowing how to promote and maintain healthy hair can quickly see the hair cycle stabilised.
Postnatal Hair Loss Facts:-
- Following childbirth, the hormone levels drop.
- Dieting (particularly crash diets) immediately after birth are not recommended.
- Healthy eating and a good and balanced diet is sensible and will promote good hair.
- Most women see their hair quality and growth cycle return to normal within three (3) months.
- However, for some, the hair fallout stage can last longer.
For more severe cases of hair loss, with the proper treatment and professional guidance, typically, within 6 months one should see improved condition of the hair and scalp along with the hair cycle becoming stabilised once again.
Hair loss in women does not only present itself at the postnatal stage, other reasons behind hair loss in women can be; genes (1 in 5 women), unbalanced diet (crash diets, diets with lots of carbohydrates and insufficient protein), puberty, menopause as well as incorrect use of shampoo and other hair products.
Maintaining Health Hair and Avoiding Diffused Hair Loss
Choosing the correct hair care products is the best way to maintain healthy hair and thus keeps our scalp healthy to help avoid diffused hair loss. Yes, choosing hair care products can often be a minefield! With our expert’s help, he explains how this can be made easier. “In general, it is best to get a consultation to determine your scalp type and from there, look for the recommended type of shampoo that is suited to your scalp.”
Knowing what to look out for on the ingredients listing of hair products is easy when you know how.
- Choose a shampoo specific for your scalp type – many hair care brands have shampoos specifically for the oily, flakey, or sensitive scalp.
- Hair care products featuring keratin will add the required protein for healthy hair and hair growth.
- Hair care products featuring pro-vitamin B5 will add much needed moisture for healthy hair and hair growth.
- Silicone, when present on hair care products, should be avoided. Silicone is synthetic and will attract dirt and cause more residue build-up in your hair, which is in turn bad for your scalp health. Silicone is often present in hairspray, strong gels and fixatives.
If you have the worry of hair loss, unhealthy scalp or any hair health issues, you might be interested to contact Svenson for a consultation. Right now until 31st March 2015, Svenson is offering 5 PLGA Total Solution Treatments + 5 laser therapies @ only $388 (u.p. $850). Contact 1800 7777 333 for more information or to book an appointment. (T&C apply)
Meet our Expert : Mr Mark Birch is a world renowned trichologist (hair and scalp specialist). He became renowned for his groundbreaking work in treating the most severe cases of alopecia (hair loss) whilst being engaged by Mayfair-based clinic Atkins & Law.