Chia Seed is known to be one of the superfoods which is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and protein and is considered one of the most nutritious foods in the world. This superfood is believed to aid heart and digestive health, stabilise blood sugar and maintain stronger bones and teeth. High in fibre, gluten-free and transfat free, they are great for cleansing and detoxing and are delicious combined in food and drink recipes for that much needed energy boost.
SUPERIOR BRAND PROMOTES WELLNESS WITH CHIA SEED
Superior Chia, My Miracle Life is a specially formulated mixture of the best chia seeds that have been carefully selected from five different varieties to maximise its nutritional value from Mexico and Peru. Selecting non-genetically-modified chia seeds from organic sources, these chia seeds are harvested in highlands with fertile soil, rich in nutrients. Superior also uses a special microslicing technique to ensure better absorption while retaining the chia seeds’ nutritional properties.
7 BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Feel full longer – chia seed releases a gel substance when soaked in liquid, increasing the size and weight of the seed. This means one feels fuller longer and therefore don’t feel the need to snack from ‘hunger pangs’.
- Stable blood sugar and energy levels – chia seed contains soluble and insoluble finer which slows down the body’s conversion of starch into sugar, hence keeping blood sugar stable.
- Complete protein – chia seed is a rich source of protein, vitamins and minerals which provide sustained energy and contain twice the amount of protein than other seed or grain.
- High nutritional value – chia seed is loaded with magnesium, calcium and antioxidants and Omega 3 which is essential to good health.
- Rich source of Omega 3 – chia seed is a rich source of Omega 3 oil which is important in preventing heart disease and maintains cholesterol health.
- Bowel cleansing – chia seed absorbs a lot of water and is high in fibre which regulate bowel movements.
- Easy to consume – chia seed has a delicious mild nutty flavour and is easy to eat.
HOW TO EAT CHIA SEEDS
- Mixing a teaspoonful with water.
Having a meal that highlights Chia seeds and birds nest (aka shioks AF!), hosted by Superior Food (@superiorfoodsasia ) . Learning so much about the benefits of consuming Chia seeds and one of it is that it needs to be pounded before it's effective. The pack from Superior Food is organic and a blend of five of the best seeds, and best of all, it's micro sliced in cold temperature so no nutrients are lost and you can consume it immediately without the need to prep it. But the easiest way – besides eating it raw – is to stir it into water, wait a few moments, and you are ready to drink! And it also makes a pretty interesting boomerang video la!
- Soaked Oats
RELATED: Superlife Co Overnight Oats Recipe
- Coconut Pudding – Mix 3 teaspoons of Superior Chia with 80ml of Coconut water, leave it to chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Served with a slice of strawberry or on its own.
Each pack of Superior Chia My Miracle Life is retailing at $18 at finestfood.com.sg. Delivery can be made within 48 hours and is free for all orders above $75.