Confinement Edition: Papaya and Fish Soup Recipe
After 9 months of pregnancy and welcoming a newborn into the world, a good confinement diet is essential to the route of full recovery and getting back in shape. We are kicking off a special edition of confinement recipes for expectant mothers, new mothers, and loved ones who wish to show gratitude to our amazing mothers.
Papaya and Fish Soup is well-known to help lactation for breastfeeding mothers. Many mothers have proven this recipe effective in helping to smoothen lactation, altogether easing the breastfeeding procedure. This recipe is highly recommended for the mothers having troubles producing milk in the early stages of confinement.
Number of servings: 3-4 person
- 700g green papaya, preferably between unripe to semi-ripe
- 300g fish of your choice; we recommend sea bream or Pomfret
- 200g of fish bones
- 12 pieces of red dates (an excellent source of Vitamin C)
- 2 pieces of Dang Shen (improves blood circulation)
- 5g of Yuzhu (prevents hardening of arteries)
- 6 slices of ginger
- 40 – 80ml of Huiji waist tonic
*Huiji waist tonic is a popular product consumed amongst mothers as it helps enhance blood circulation and revitalise energy. You may purchase one at any NTUC Fairprice supermarket outlets.
- What’s New at the Supermarket in June | BubbaMama.com
- What’s New at the Supermarket in May | BubbaMama.com
- Put fish bones, ginger, Dang Shen, red dates, Yuzhu in water and boil for half an hour over medium-high heat
- Add chopped papaya into the mix and wait till papaya softens
- Add sliced fish meat and bring to a simmer till fish is cooked
- Add Huiji waist tonic to finish
- Serve immediately, best consumed warm