While clearing the fridge, I found an unopened jar of fruit jam sitting at the back of the fridge. I believed I got it for free when I purchased something some time ago, and since nobody in my family fancy jam on bread, I went online to search for some other recipes that would have a use for it. I found this gem recipe, I doubted the credibility of the recipe initially because
1) it was my virgin cookie baking
2) it only uses 5 ingredients! (You can replace the jam with any jam you like, or skip it all together to get just a nice crunchy vanilla cookie)
225 gram all purpose flour, sieved
175 gram butter, unsalted
115gram fine brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
Jam or any topping of your choice
- Cream the butter and sugar till pale. Add in vanilla extract and combine.
- Add in the sieved flour and salt bit by bit, mixing well. The dough may be a little dry but it is ok.
- Rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. Then using your hands, pinch a little out to roll into a ball. Place on a baking tray that is lined with baking sheet. Take a little jam with s teaspoon and using the back of the spoon press down slightly on the ball of dough and transfer the jam to the dough.
- Repeat for all the dough.
- Preheat oven to 175 degree. Bake for 10-15 minutes or till light golden.
- Transfer to rack to cool before storing.