QUICK RECIPE FOR EASY MEATBALLS THAT ALL THE FAMILY CAN ENJOY
This easy meatballs recipe is a simple and basic start for a meal which can be easily spruced up with spices and sauces to suit the tastes of every family. To make these easy meatballs into a complete meal, serve them over pasta or accompany them with roasted vegetables. To hold the easy meatballs together, Western recipes tend to use breadcrumbs, while Asian recipes opt for cornstarch for the same purpose. We love the flavour of SCS Butter and adding a little to this easy meatballs recipe goes a long way with almost no seasonings.
Serves: 2, Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 500 grams ground meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (1/8 block) of SCS Butter, Unsalted
- Place ground meat in a blender or food processer.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan and sauté onions till tender and clear. Transfer cooled onions into blender.
- Blend onions, ground meat and egg for 1 minute.
- Spoon balls of meat mixture into pan with medium heat and cook for 7 – 9 minutes on 2 sides till juices run clear.
- Eggless version: mix 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoon of water. Set aside for 1 hour before using.
- Mixing the meat mixture in a single direction allows the mixture to create layers, resulting in meatballs that hold their shape better.
- Double the recipe and store cooked meatballs in the freezer for meals on busy nights. Defrost in microwave on high for 3 minutes or bake at 200°C for 15 minutes.
- One-pot pasta: Cook meatballs for 3 minutes on 2 sides, throw in uncooked pasta and pasta sauce. Add enough water to cover everything and simmer until pasta is cooked.