REDUCE MILK WASTAGE AND ENJOY FRESH MILK WITH FUN RECIPES FOR THE FAMILY
With increasingly small family nuclei and hectic schedules, having to finish up a carton of milk in a short period of time can be challenging. The best and possibly the most economical solution would be to get two 1-litre cartons of fresh milk as opposed to one 2-litre bottle. This makes it more manageable to finish one carton of milk in three days and allows you to consume the second carton at its freshest. If you are still unable to consume all the milk within three days, why not create some simple milk-inspired snacks while spending time with bubba with fun recipes for the family!
Cookies and Milk Cubes
WHAT YOU NEED (serves 1)
- 1 to 2 of your favourite cookies (palm-sized)
- Ice-cube tray (makes 16 ice-cubes)
- 1 cup milk (for ice-cube try)
- 1 cup milk (for drinking)
- Place cookies in a zip-lock bag and gently crush into small crumbs with bottom of palm,
- Fill 3/4 of each ice-cube mould with milk using a teaspoon,
- Put cooking crumbs into milk in ice-cube try and freeze overnight,
- Add frozen cubes to a glass of milk for a new and improved ‘glass of milk’.
Milk Cookie Sandwich
WHAT YOU NEED (serves 4 to 5)
- Whole carton of milk
- 8 to 10 thick and large cookies
- Sharp knife
- Freeze whole milk carton overnight,
- Use a knife to cut carton horizontally into slices,
- Use two cookies to sandwich sliced frozen milk.
These recipes are taken from an article written by Alexandria Grace Lee. Alexandria is a writer for Magnolia Milkspiration. You can read more about how to maintain the freshness of milk HERE.
F&N Magnolia has been a trusted nurturer for generations and continues to advocate drinking milk fresh from smaller packs so that it can be consumed at its freshest and within three days, as recommended by Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA).
The cold chain of milk should be maintained; fresh milk should be picked up last when shopping and should be placed in the refrigerator immediately when reaching home.
- Grow Greatness and Protect Mother Nature with F&N Magnolia (bubbamama.com)
- Maintain the freshness of milk (bubbamama.com)