CHOOSING THE BEST SMARTPHONE : TAKE A LOOK AT OPPO AND ASUS
The smartphone market is always going to be a very competitive place to shop…the thinnest, the most user friendly, the best looking device, producing the best images, how do we choose?
We recently put some of the brands who are proving to be very popular in this very competitive smartphone market.
ASUS PadFone S for the Best of Both Worlds
We recently put the ASUS PadFone S to the test, and were very impressed with the ease in which we can switch from the small and limited view screen of the smartphone to the larger ease of handling tablet. The unique two-in-one design gives us the flexibility and best screen option for every scenario and adapts to our needs in an instant.
Not only is it simple to slip between smartphone to tablet in an instant, the docking technology of the PadFone S Station keeps the PadFone S secure and safe without the need of manual clips or locks. The Ultra fast mobile data speed and QI wireless charging support also makes the ASUS PadFone S an interesting choice.
Two of our must-mention benefits here are:-
- The ASUS PadFone S has a large 2,300mAh battery inside which will deliver all-day battery life with up to 22 hours of 3G talk time. If that still is not enough, the PadFone S Station has an additional 4,990mAh battery that can be used to charge the PadFone S, thus extending your battery life to up to 64 hours of 3G talk time,
- Use of only one LTE Data Plan, so whether you mainly consume data on your smartphone or tablet, you no longer have to make that choice – we can now get the most out of our smartphone and tablet as the PadFone S Station uses the PadFone S’s data connection for internet access.
OPPO N1 the smartphone with a rotating camera
OPPO was the first in the world to release a 13-megapixel camera smartphone and with the N1, OPPO are once again realizing new possibilities in smartphone photography. The OPPO N1 is the introduction to the world of the first smartphone with a rotating camera. The revolutionary rotating camera features a 206° rotation, and will securely lock at any angle. No matter what angle you choose, having just one amazing camera means that front facing shots are finally just as good as back facing shots.
We were particularly impressed with the quality of pictures from the OPPO N1. OPPO says that the N1 is the first Android smartphone to use six physical lenses, giving you a clearer image while eliminating any distortion. The latest generation stacked CMOS sensor, upgraded type 1/3.06 imaging module and f/2.0 wide aperture lets more light in, so you can take great photos even in dark environments.
The OPPO N1 is of a beautiful design and the entire device is wound by two finely cut chamfers. Visible from every angle, the dual chamfers run through the sides of the device’s pure and minimalist design. The subtle curves and contours lend to its sophisticated yet simple design.
OPPO R5 the world’s thinnest smartphone
If the world’s thinnest smartphone is your most desired hand phone choice, then the OPPO R5 is most certainly for your. The R5 is the first smartphone to measure less than 5mm thick, a level that the industry had previously considered unachievable. Being thin is not the end of the OPPO R5’s pulling power, it also:-
- comes equipped with exceptional technology including an octa-core Qualcomm MSM8939,
- comes with a 5.2 inch AMOLED screen giving the highest brightness and colour rendition, the lowest reflection ratio, and highest ambient light contrast ratio available.
- has patented heat dissipation technology ‘Cool Element’ that protects its octa-core CPU, in turn prolonging the life of the phone,
- comes with the latest PI 2.0 Plus Flash Shot technology and allows for vibrant and stunning pictures in low light environments,
- has an simple to navigate menu system and ease of use.
Despite being thin, we found the R5 OPPO to have a nice feel and is easy to handle. The screen size is very sufficient and image quality is good. Of course, the slim design looks chic and slips easily into any clutch or handbag. The only negative point is, due to the slim design, the OPPO R5 does not accommodate the earphone socket, an adaptor socket can be purchased as an optional item.
For more information, please visit global.oppo.com.