The Healthy Rainbow Baguette is made with Salmon which contains vital nutrients like omega 3 fatty acid, proteins for muscle maintenance. Vitamin D (helps with calcium absorption for strong bones). The variety of colours from the vegetables provide protection from free radical damage to healthy cells.
Number of servings: 2 persons
- 1 small wholemeal baguette or herbal loaf
- 4 tablespoons of ready-made salsa
- 2 tablespoon of dr. MCT® oil
- 1 cooked beetroot thinly sliced
- 100 g smoked salmon
- A bowl of mixture of red and green lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into rings
- Optional – toasted pumpkin seeds or nuts
- Cut loaf into half.
- Slice top off.
- Mix Dr MCT® oil with salsa and put mixture aside.
- Lay beetroot slices on bottom half of bread.
- Next layer with smoked salmon.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Finally with pepper rings.
- Spoon generous amounts of dr. MCT® oil and salsa mixture over fillings.
- Add pumpkin seeds or nuts if desired.
The remaining vegetables can be mixed and tossed in a bowl with dr. MCT® dressing and eaten with the sandwich loaf.
Recipe credit: dr. MCT®