Following its opening in November 2020, Singapore’s first licensed luxury confinement hotel, KAI SUITES, officially launches a range of KAI SPA and Wellness experiences. As part of its holistic, seamless and specialised pre-and postpartum care programme, the professionally administered therapies address conditions that arise during pregnancy and after birth. With the launch, KAI SPA is also offering one-time trial experiences for Prenatal massage as well as Jamu Postnatal Massage and Bengkung Wrap till 31 May 2021.
With the guest experience at the heart of KAI SUITES Singapore, spa and wellness packages can be curated and tailored to each mother for optimal results, allowing positive improvements in the recovery and restoration process. The all-encompassing suite of therapies and services help mothers restore and rejuvenate; gain back strength and confidence to feel like themselves again.
KAI SPA Experiences
KAI SPA’s programme incorporates traditional massage practices designed to enhance the natural healing process, leading to speedier recovery and rejuvenation as it pampers and relaxes. The efficacy of premium products and specially formulated essential oils in the hands of experienced in-house spa therapists and masseuses promise a truly transformative experience.
Amongst the pre- and post-partum treatments are the signature Prenatal massage as well as Jamu Postnatal Massage and Bengkung Wrap. Till 31 May 2021, KAI SUITES Singapore is offering one-time introductory trial experiences for mothers to enjoy the benefits of these spa massages.
60-Minute Prenatal Massage at introductory rate of $100 (usual rate $160)
This traditional prenatal massage uses both Malay and Swedish techniques to realign anatomical changes that typically occur in mothers during pregnancy, and rebalances the hormones that evoke feelings of stress and wellbeing.
- Reduces water retention
- Reduces muscle pain
- Improves sleep
- Improves overall emotional and physical well-being
90-Minute Postnatal Massage at introductory rate of $150 (usual rate $250)
Another traditional therapy, the postnatal massage uses Jamu, a herbal paste of Indonesian origin, which is applied to the abdomen to flush out toxins, reduce fluid retention and cut down fat deposits. The Bengkung wrap is a fading age-old manual binding technique known for its effectiveness as it is customisable to individual body shapes and covers a larger area from hip to rib cage. Together, they work to shape the abdomen back to its pre-pregnancy state.
- Expels winds
- Reduces muscle pain and migraines
- Improved blood circulation
- Helps regain beauty, strength and vitality
Other Beneficial Massages
Breast Lactation, Rebalancing Body and Head & Shoulder Massages are also available and proven to be effective for alleviating pain, discomfort and tension.
The Breast Lactation Massage helps to relieve soreness and boost milk production, while regular sessions are useful in breast firming and prevention of stretch marks.
The Rebalancing Body Massage is suitable for all ladies looking to simply decompress and renew their energy. Long, soothing strokes are used in this exceptionally relaxing massage to relieve stress, muscle tightness and strains, while stimulating blood circulation.
Focusing on tension areas, the wonderfully relaxing Head & Shoulder Massage incorporates essential oils to uplift and rejuvenate.
- 45-Minute Breast Lactation Massage: Priced at $90 per session and $400 for 5 sessions
- 60-Minute Rebalancing Body Massage: Priced at $160 per session, $720 for 5 sessions and $1,300 for 10 sessions
- 30-Minute Head & Shoulder Massage: Priced at $70 per session
KAI Suites Wellness Therapies
The wonder that is the body, is primed for the arrival of a newborn, but with evident hormonal and physiological changes causing skin and muscle tissue laxity, stress, and a shift in self-image. This can lead to issues such as urinary incontinence, Diastasis Recti or abdominal wall muscle separation as well as hair loss.
To aid in the regulation, recovery and treatment of these concerns, KAI SUITES Singapore combines the best practices of scientifically proven evidence wellness-based methods with cutting-edge technology. KAI SUITES boasts a collective of BTL state-of-the-art equipment that only few in Singapore offer. Therapies range from pelvic floor muscle strengthening to body contouring and core strengthening, as well as face and skin rejuvenation. To alleviate hair related postpartum side effects, there is also a hair and scalp cleansing treatment.
KAI SUITES offers a credit system for the BTL range of wellness therapies for mothers to enjoy a tailored wellness experience. Depending on the mothers’ needs, the credits are flexible and can be utilised across the three therapies to achieve optimal results.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Strengthening
Urinary incontinence or involuntary leakage is a common postpartum issue as during pregnancy, a growing womb may place stress and strain on the muscles of the pelvic floor, which also supports the bladder. With the pressure of pushing during natural labour and muscles that weaken overtime, bladder control may be affected.
- A non-invasive medical device, Emsella, is a breakthrough treatment with a unique technology that revolutionises intimate health and wellness by providing a completely non-invasive option with no downtime.
- Emsella uses electromagnetic therapy to strengthen the entire pelvic floor muscles by activating 11,200 muscle contractions in less than 28 minutes, which is extremely important in muscle re-education.
- It is more effective than Kegel exercises that only work an area of the pelvic floor muscles. Oftentimes, one may not have the strength or know-how to properly activate the smooth pelvic floor muscles or build a diligent routine as results can only be achieved with hundreds of repetitions.
- Long term usage of Emsella after the post-natal period has also proven to deliver lifetime benefits.
Body Contouring & Core Strengthening
Weight gain, skin laxity, and Diastasis Recti or abdominal wall muscle separation are prevalent with pregnancy and childbirth. In addition to recovering a pre-pregnancy figure, core strengthening is imperative in carrying out the simplest of daily activities.
- Emsculpt is a proven procedure which helps build muscle and sculpt the body.
- Its first of its kind application of a unique high-intensity focused electromagnetic energy penetrates through the skin to induce almost 20,000 supramaximal muscle contractions accompanied by a rapid metabolic reaction in fat cells to not only strengthen and build muscle, but also reduce fat.
- Emsculpt impacts all muscles in the abdomen, arms, legs and buttocks. It also builds the small muscles in the lower back that together with ample core strength, supports activities like getting out of bed and carrying baby.
Face and Skin Rejuvenation
The therapeutic programme treats skin problems that are escalated by pregnancy, such as facial sagging from weight gain and loss, as well as uneven skin tone due to hormonal imbalance, which is why pregnancy skincare is also important.
- Using a revolutionary technology, Exilis is a pain-free, non-invasive face and body contouring procedure that uses monopolar radio-frequency technology to treat different skin conditions such as wrinkles, skin laxity and excessive fats.
- Exilis tightens and smoothens the skin by encouraging the production of the skin’s own natural collagen and elastin.
- A 360 Volumetric Heating disrupts old collagen fibres and initiates the process of new collagen formation for deep tissue and skin improvement.
- The visible results are instantaneous with no down-time; ideal when preparing for an important occasion or event, so mothers radiate with confidence.
Hair and Scalp Cleansing Treatment
A postpartum norm is hair loss and greasy hair due to a rapid drop in estrogen levels and excessive production of oil in the body. Dandruff and itchy scalp also occur when the skin becomes quickly dehydrated from insufficient fluids, especially when the mother is actively breastfeeding.
Treatment: KAI Scalp Treatment & KAI Aroma Scalp Treatment
- KAI Scalp Treatment is a hair and scalp cleansing treatment that utilises water acupuncture to deep clean the scalp and hair roots, as well as revitalise damaged hair.
- The use of high-pressure jets that pulsate ionised water together with KAI SUITES’s daily shampoo comprising key ingredients like revitalin and estragon extract, help restore the scalp to its original state and balance its pH levels. The treatment removes dandruff, contaminants, sebum and chemical or hair product residue accumulated in the hair follicles.
- Combined with KAI SUITES’s conditioner and multivitamin serum, the treatment improves blood circulation and moisture for the scalp area, relieves scalp itch while controlling the level of oil, eliminates oily hair odour, strengthens hair roots and increases absorption rate of hair care products.
- The result is healthier roots and scalp that reduce hair loss as well as greying and promotes hair regrowth.
- Enhance the treatment with the KAI Aroma Scalp Treatment that not only further supports the benefits of the KAI Scalp Treatment, but also pampers the scalp as well as relaxes the body and mind with the use of blended essential oils and a cleanser made with anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the scalp.
The KAI Scalp Treatment includes:
- Wash and rinse with KAI SUITES’s special herbal shampoo and conditioner
- Scalp water acupuncture
- Application of KAI SUITES’s special multivitamin serum and moisturiser
- Blow dry and styling
- Priced at $170 per treatment, $500 for 5 treatments
The KAI Aroma Scalp Treatment includes:
- The KAI Scalp treatment with the addition of an aromatherapy scalp treatment
- Priced at $220 per treatment, $750 for 5 treatments and $1,200 for 10 treatments
KAI SUITE’s special range of hair products are also available for retail from 1 April 2021:
- Daily shampoo (400ml) at $45
- Hair & Scalp Conditioner (300ml) at $88
- Multivitamin Serum (125ml) at $68
Prices are subject to prevailing government taxes.
You might also want to read: Why It’s High Time to Take a Sip of Herbal Teas