I’m sure anybody knows that avocados are power fruits and they are packed with goodness, but how can we make our fussy eaters eat them? Avocados are pretty tasteless and bland, and I’ll have to admit I do not like to eat them. Well, until I found a way to make it into this super delicious pie that is just tasty, tasty, tasty!
Creamy and tangy, this pie has a nice citrus surprise as there is lime in it. The lime lent its’ citrusy freshness, and paired with the aroma of cinnamon in the pie crust, it’s like a match made in heaven. Best of all, this recipe required no baking!
2 ripe avocados
3 tbsp condense milk
4- 5 digestive biscuits, crushed with a rolling pin
2 tbsp butter or margarine softened
1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix the cinnamon powder with the crushed biscuits in a bowl. Mix well. Stir in the soften butter to make a rough paste. You can add more butter if you like.
- Using your finger tips, gently press the mixture into the sides of a shallow bowl or ramekin. It’s will be the crust of the pie. When you have form the crust, cover it with a cling wrap and place it in the fridge to refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime juice into a blender, scrap the avocados flesh into the blender and add the condense milk. Blend well. It will be very thick. A hand held blender would be the perfect tool for this job.
- take the crust out of the fridge, and scoop the avocado mixture into the pie and even it out. Cling wrap it again and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Pie is ready to be served.
You can make extra avocado paste and freeze it. It will taste like a yummy ice cream!