LOOKING ADORABLE AT THE BEACH GOES BEYOND SWIMWEAR
When we head to the beach or hang out at the water playground with Bubba, yes we want to look super stylish in swimwear but we MUST also keep our skin protected from those harmful rays.
KEEP SKIN PROTECTED
Did you know?
- High SPF UVA + UVB blockers offer the maximum protection.
- Sun protection MUST be reapplied every 2 hours and particularly after swimming, exercising and towel drying.
- Sunscreen should be applied 15-20 minutes before going out in the sun.
- Spray sunscreens do need rubbing into skin (we cannot simply spray Bubba and let him play on)
- Around 1 teaspoon of sunscreen should be applied to each part of the body (each arm, each leg, front of body, back and face – including neck and ears).
- We can even get skin damage from the sun through our car windscreen or office windows. Even on days when we don’t spend too much time outdoors, we should apply a minimum SPF so we stay protected (15 SPF / 20 SPF).
- Australia has seen a decline by 10% in skin cancer cases (caused by sun exposure) between the years 2000 and 2010. The Australian Cancer Council is sure this is due to the younger generations being made aware through the SunSmart program (started in 1988) of the damage sun has on skin. Unfortunately, the older generations are still not so careful.
Swimwear for Bubba
We know the best way to protect Bubba from the sun is to keep him in the shade, wear long sleeves and a hat, but what about when he goes swimming or for some water play activity.
BEACH BUM SHOP is one of our favourite spots to pick up super stylish swimwear that offers sun protection for Bubba. With colourful designs, including long sleeved rash tops, as well as their range of sizes for both girls and boys, we really are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing just the one set.
For more info and to start shopping with Beach Bum Shop find them online:-
Beach Bum Shop have regular pop up stores at various fairs and events, do check their Facebook page for upcoming dates.
Swimwear for Mama
The new ELBA collection by MILETI has a design choice to suit every Mama, no matter if she is relaxing with a cocktail at the pool bar or splashing with Bubba at the beach. Their latest collection is inspired by the designers’ recent travel destinations, from the sandy beaches of Miami to the blue seas of Greece and onto hotspots in St Tropez and tropical resorts of Phuket. This collection features pastel colors, bright blues, loud prints and shiny black swimwear.
This 3 year old label is now available in more than 10 countries worldwide and also sold on the ASOS shopping site.
Sun protection for The Family
Now that we are aware of the damage that sun causes to our skin, we know the importance of applying sun blocks and sun protections regularly, but which ones to choose?
For Bubba, of course we choose a high protection that is water-resistant and easy to apply.
La Roche-Posay 50+ SPF including UVB + UVA. This very high protection lotion is especially formulated for children’s sensitive skin, contains 0% fragrance and paragons and is very water-resistant.
Innisfree, the Korean naturalism brand have recently perfected a range that has proven to be mild and suitable for children and babies. Pure Green Baby Sun Cream SPF30 PA+++ is a blend of organic-certified products such as Jeju Green Tea.
Mama’s skin needs protection in order to combat the signs of premature ageing, she also needs a sunscreen that is comfortable to wear even with makeup.
What Mama likes:-
SKIN CEUTICALS Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 – Formulated by the professionals in skincare, this broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen fluid is both transparent and has a weightless finish.
NUXE Daliy UV Protector SPF 30 PA +++ (UVA + UVB + Anti-pollution + Cellular Protection) – from their Brightening Program range, this daily face protector is light in texture and suitable for even the most sensitive of skins.
LA ROCHE-POSAY Aqua Fresh Gel SPF 30 PA ++++ – As the name suggests, this gel has a fresh feeling it also makes for a perfect makeup base.
Wash away the chlorine and restore lost moisture
We have all experienced the damaging effects that chlorine can do to our hair and skin. Now TRISWIM Aqua Therapy Chlorine Out Hair & Skin Care is here to deeply moisturise and wash away the nasty chlorine smell:-
TRISWIM shampoo and body wash have sequestering agents which assist in containing the chlorine, grabbing a hold of it and washing the chemical off skin and out of hair. Moisture levels are restored to hair and skin by adding Aloe Vera, Pro Vitamins B5 and Vitamins A & E. Both shampoo and body wash have a refreshing citrus scent.
TRISWIM Conditioner sees that your hair’s natural moisture is enriched and hair is left silky smooth,
TRISWIM Body lotion is unique as it hydrates the skin with a light citrus scent and Organic Aloe botanicals. TRISWIM is the only lotion on the market that can suppress chlorine odor while it heals and soothes sunburned skin.
The full TRISWIM range is paraben free and uses no form of animal cruelty.
TRISWIM is currently available at pout.com.sg
DETAILS: Beach Bum - beachbumshop.com and gallery.beachbumshop.com. MILETI - asos.com.TRISWIM - pout.com.sg.