Benefits of Drinking Kombucha So, here we discuss 5 reasons to drink kombucha
A few years ago, my interest in Kombucha was piqued by Fresh Black Tea skincare launch as they shared the benefits of drinking Kombucha. It was a mysterious drink in Singapore as not many people knew about it because it is not sold commercially. So, here we discuss 5 reasons to drink kombucha
Kombucha is a naturally fermented tea which is full of probiotics, enzymes, and antioxidants. It is fermented black sweet tea using a culture called SCOBY (Symbiotic Colony Of Bacteria and Yeast). Commonly known as a health tonic among those who drink it religiously, it helps the body to regulate balance and heals itself. It has a distinctive taste almost similar to apple cider – the same tart and vinegary taste – and a refreshing lingering fizz.
It is believed that Kombucha finds its origins in China around 221 BCE (some 2,000 years ago) during the Qin dynasty when many claims it was referred to as the “Tea of Immortality” or “Divine Tsche”. The first emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang is said to have sought means to prolong his life and this Tea of Immortality was purported delivered by alchemist at his request. However, the specifics of this tale do not bear outlast the term Divine Tsche, or lingzhi in Chinese, refers to reishi mushrooms, while Kombucha culture has been called mushroom, it seems unlikely lingzhi would be referred to the Kombucha. So, here we discuss 5 reasons to drink kombucha
Whether the many legends surrounding the ancient drink’s origin are true or mythical, the healing benefits of Kombucha have clear for those who brew it, drink it and share it loved ones and friends. (President Ronald Regan was known to drink Kombucha when he found out he had colon cancer in 1987 and survived until 2004 when he died from natural causes.) So, here we discuss 5 reasons to drink kombucha
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KOMBUCHA
Everyone’s experience with drink Kombucha is different and could vary from one to one. The common benefits include:
- Detoxification – known to be a great liver detoxifier, it is believed to cleanse the body of heat metals by absorbing them and purging them.
- Joint Care – the presence of analgesic – pain reliever and anti-arthritic compound – in Kombucha assist in preventing and healing of joint damage.
- Digestion and Gut Health – high levels of probiotics and enzymes replace the gut with beneficial bacteria, strengthen the gut and ease digestion process – alleviate constipation.
- Strengthened Immune System – the probiotics, enzymes and beneficial bacteria found in Kombucha actively balance the gut environment, improving the immune system.
- Improve skin appearance – known as detox and ease digestive system, drinking Kombucha on a daily basis can improve skin texture and slow the aging of the skin.
Fresh Skincare has launched a Black Tea Kombucha Facial Essence Treatment – first of its kind essence – powered by Kombucha, is a potent age-delay essence with extraordinary skin benefits for luminous and youthful-looking skin.
View this post on Instagram
Just say Kombuch-ahh! Shield yourself from everyday pollution with our refreshing new Black Tea Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence. Your powerhouse prep-step proven to protect and prevent premature fine lines caused by smog and smoke. Available now exclusively in Asia, coming to the rest of the world soon!
Photo credit: @lafew_teahouse Instagram