This is first of seven recipes made with Unicurd’s newest product, Black Soybean Tofu. If you’re looking for an alternative to the usual soup for Chinese New Year, this is the one! Soup recipes made with tofu are incredibly creamy, yet so light on the palate. Feel free to skip the seasonings if you’d like an even healthier version. This recipe was created by Chef John See of The Food Dot.
Serves: 2, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 packet of Unicurd Black Soybean Tofu
- 1 cup Soya milk
- 1 cup UHT milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp Small shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- Pinch Salt, white pepper and sugar
- 1 tsp Light soya sauce
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 80g Tiger prawns (pre-blanched and peeled)
- 10 pcs Flat sweet pea (pre-blanced and peeled)
- 1/2 cup Shimeji mushrooms
- Heat up a non-stick pot with olive oil at low heat.
- Lightly fry the shallot and garlic until they turn a light golden brown.
- Add Black Soybean Tofu, soya milk, UHT milk and water to the pot, simmer to a boil for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Using a handblender, puree the ingredients into a fine soup base.
- Finally, add in the seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot with garnishes.
- – Boiling milk and soya milk and cause it to coagulate, so once the soup has boiled once, keep the heat at low if you’re having steamboat.
- – Use the broth from blanching the prawns to replace the water in this recipe for a more flavourful bowl of hugs.
- Unicurd’s Black Treasures (bubbamama.com)