Sounds like quite a handeful, doesn’t it? Well, like the rest of the recipes, this one is can be served in no time. We’re using Unicurd’s Black Soybean Tau Kwa here to add a little more texture and flavour the usual cold soba. This recipe was created by Chef John See of The Food Dot.
Serves: 4, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 pkt Unicurd Black Soybean Tau Kwa (chilled, cut into thick strips)
- 2 cups Cooked green tea soba
- 6 tbsp Light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch of salt, pepper and sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 45g Bonito flakes
- 4 tbsp Spring onions (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Minced white radishes
- 1 tsp Melon seed and nut
- 1 tsp Crispy shallot
- 60g Asparagus spears (blanched)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Combine ingredients for the soya broth together well in a pot, bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Let the broth cool and chill it before serving.
- Serve the soba and Unicurd Black Soybean Tau Kwa strips with the chilled broth and garnishes.
Use the liquid from blanching the asparagus to cook the broth for extra goodness in your bowl.
- Unicurd’s Black Treasures (bubbamama.com)