Bored of the usual stir-fried vegetables? Give this protein-added recipe a go! Unicurd’s Black Soybean Tau Kwa holds up the heavier flavours well and when fried, are incredibly addictive, while gingko nuts adds loads of extra nutrition to help boost memory. This recipe was created by Chef John See of The Food Dot. There is one final dessert recipe coming up, from yours truly. Stay tuned!
Serves: 2, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 pkt Unicurd Black Soybean Tau Kwa (cubed and pat dry)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar syrup
- 1 tbsp Spicy chili oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped spring onion
- Pinch of salt, white pepper and sugar
- 1 tbsp XO sauce
- 55g Chinese greens (blanched)
- 3 tbsp Canned gingko
- 45g Japanese cucumber (sliced)
- 1 Ripe red tomato (de-seed and cut into strips)
- 2 tbso Sweet yellow raisin
- 1 tbsp Orange oil
- Combine the dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- Heat up a pot with half a cup of olive oil, fry the Unicurd Black Soybean tau Kwa till crisp and drain excess oil.
- Serve the crispy Black Soybean Tau Kwa with the dressing and garnishes.
- Unicurd’s Black Treasures (bubbamama.com)