Here is the second recipe featuring Unicurd’s Black treasures. This is a great fusion salad of Black Soybean Tau Kwa and smoked duck. So easy to whip up, and so savoury! Vary this recipe by substituting the protein for some sliced chicken breast or whatever you might have in your refrigerator. This recipe was created by Chef John See of The Food Dot.
Serves: 4, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 pkt Unicurd Black Soybean Tofu (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 1 tsp Light soya sauce
- 1/2 Green apple (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 65g Ready-to-eat smoked duck (cut to bite-size)
- 1 tbsp Crispy shallots
- 3 Red radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Baby Romaine lettuce
- 45g Celery stalk (lightly blanched, cooled, cut into bite-size)
- 40g Toasted walnuts
- Combine ingredients in a bowl to marinate tofu, mix well.
- Steam tofu lightly for 3 minutes and set aside to cool down.
- Toss garnishes with the steamed tofu.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Unicurd’s Black Treasures (bubbamama.com)